ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball MBB: 2025 PG target Azavier Robinson talks Notre Dame men's basketball

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

I’m down in the Indianapolis area this weekend at Westfield and Carmel High Schools for the IBC/IHSAA Boys Team Showcase in Memory of Charlie Hughes. 159 high school varsity boys basketball programs from Indiana are set to compete including Indianapolis (Ind.) Lawrence North.

I spoke with 2025 point guard target Azavier Robinson Friday evening between games. He picked up an offer earlier this month after taking an unofficial visit to the Irish. Head Coach Micah Shrewsberry also contacted him at midnight last Thursday when the contact period began.

“It was very nice,” Robinson told Inside ND Sports of the visit. “I’ve done some stuff there that I’d never done before, which was a first.

Robinson raved about Notre Dame's campus and the academic buildings. He said he’d never seen things like it before.

Lawrence North defeated Kokomo and 2024 five-star center Flory Bidunga 95-68 on Friday night in front of Auburn head coach Bruce Pearl, Kansas head coach Bill Self, Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo and assistant coaches from Duke and Michigan. Robinson had 21 points. Notre Dame's coaching staff wasn't in attendance but I expect them here on Saturday.

The 6-foot-1, 180-pound point guard is the only point guard in the 2025 recruiting class to report a Notre Dame offer. Robinson is rated as a three-star by Rivals. He is ranked as the No. 115 overall player in the 2025 class.

"It makes me feel like they believe in me," Robinson said. "Coach Shrews said that I was a dog and there are not many people like that. I appreciate that he noticed that because that's what I want people to see in me."

Robinson has 10 offers including Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, St. John’s and TCU. He’s also receiving interest from Indiana, Purdue and Wisconsin. He said he’s in contact with the Irish on a daily basis.

Full story and video highlights on Robinson coming later.

Link to full story:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News