ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Where Notre Dame Stands With Targets In 2023 Rivals250 (Part 2)

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Are you ready to put your career in your own hands? Adam Goldman can help! Adam is a member of BlueandGold.com and franchise veteran, having recently sold a franchise to a strategic buyer. Using his expertise, he helps others find their American Dream through a very thorough and FREE consultation process. Call Adam at 844-800-FRAN and put your life and career in your own hands.
Adam Goldman, Owner
FranchiseCoach.net
Email: agoldman@franchisecoach.net
DM: @FranchiseCoach

This was popular the last time I did this, so we'll do it again with the release of the 2023 Rivals250. Here's a rundown of where Notre Dame stands with all of its targets on the list.

To find profiles, use this link.

Click here for part one from Tuesday.

No. 47 CB Justyn Rhett: I still believe Rhett is leaning towards Notre Dame, but the likes of Alabama, Georgia and LSU are not making it an easy one for the Irish. Rhett told me in June he was thinking about committing by the end of that month, but that didn't happen. There was a feeling that he'd pop in favor of the Irish if he visited at the end of July, which also didn't happen. I believe Notre Dame leads here but a second visit is important for the staff to close.

No. 51 S Joenel Aguero: I've heard very little about the IMG Academy standout except for the fact that Notre Dame absolutely loves his talents. It looks like Notre Dame is on the outside looking in though, as he didn't include the Irish in his top schools group July 1.

No. 52 WR Hykeem Williams: Not much is known about Notre Dame's standing with Williams. I would imagine it's a long shot that Notre Dame lands him.

No. 53 WR Jalen Brown: Notre Dame is a dark horse to land the South Florida speedster. It's tough for Notre Dame to land kids from South Florida, but Brown has already visited campus and has clicked with the Irish staff.

No. 59 LB Ta'Mere Robinson: Notre Dame, Ohio State and Penn State are considered the top contenders for Robinson.

No. 65 OL Samson Okunlola: Notre Dame offered Okunlola in the spring but wasn't able to get out to South Bend for a visit. His recruitment is in its early stages, so the staff has plenty of time to make a move.

No. 66 WR Johntay Cook II: Notre Dame made some headway earlier this year, but his interesting in the Irish seems to have died down a bit.

No. 68 WR Carnell Tate: This is still expected to be a battle between Notre Dame and Ohio State. Tate's discussed making a commitment in November. I still like where the Irish are at here; I haven't heard anything to suggest I should change my FutureCast pick.

No. 71 S Terrance Love: Notre Dame is a school Love is highly interested in, but now that visits are back open, actions will speak louder than words. Will he make it up to South Bend for a game day visit?

No. 74 CB Caleb Presley: See notes on Love. Presley speaks very highly about Notre Dame, but there are other cornerbacks who Notre Dame is further along in the process with.

No. 77 S Caleb Downs: Notre Dame is a top early contender for the impressive safety from Georgia. He had a great visit in June, but schools down South have a better chance at him than Notre Dame does right now.

No. 78 S Peyton Bowen: Notre Dame is showing Bowen a lot of love. The Fighting Irish are in better shape with Bowen than most people think. I believe he'll visit Notre Dame again this fall.

No. 81 RB Sedrick Irvin Jr: Notre Dame is also in better shape with Irvin than most folks think. It's always a battle to win recruitments from South Florida, but Irvin is willing to play his college ball far from home.

No. 82 DE Luke Montgomery: Notre Dame is battling with Ohio State here. I've said for several months that it will likely come down to these two schools. I give the Buckeyes the edge, but don't count out the Irish.

No. 85 LB Tre Edwards: Notre Dame is not in much communication with Edwards, but that could change depending on how the linebacker board shakes out.

No. 88 WR DeAndre Moore: I know very little about Moore's recruitment. The Irish offered on St. Patrick's Day, and I haven't heard a peep since.

No. 90 WR Zachariah Branch: Branch speaks highly of Notre Dame, but I doubt the Irish will be able to make much headway here.

No. 91 TE Jaxon Howard: Notre Dame has as good of a chance as any school for Howard, who has visited more schools than I can count since the start of June. His conversations with tight ends coach John McNulty have been excellent.

No. 92 CB Cole Martin: Notre Dame has done all it can to get Martin on campus, but he wasn't able to make the trek to South Bend over the summer. The staff will continue to work on Martin.

No. 93 OL Harris Sewell: It's a tough recruitment to read, but I believe Notre Dame is a big contender for Sewell. Alabama, Clemson and Oklahoma are very involved in the recruitment as well.

No. 94 CB Malik Muhammad: Remember the name Malik Muhammad. Notre Dame blew him away during his visit for the cookout July 27. Don't be surprised if the Irish make a move here.

No. 97 WR Christian Hamilton: Notre Dame offered Hamilton at the end of May, so the relationship is still in its early stages. Hamilton hasn't been able to visit campus yet.

No. 98 WR Rodney Gallagher: He was planning to visit Notre Dame for the cookout until those plans fall apart. This recruitment feels like a long shot.

No. 100 DT Derrick Leblanc: The coveted prospect visited Notre Dame for the cookout, which is a big step, but my sources don't feel that the Irish will be able to make much headway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News