ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: What I'm Hearing On Rivals100 Safety Xavier Nwankpa

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Are you ready to put your career in your own hands? Adam Goldman can help! Adam is a member of BlueandGold.com and franchise veteran, having recently sold a franchise to a strategic buyer. Using his expertise, he helps others find their American Dream through a very thorough and FREE consultation process. Call Adam at 844-800-FRAN and put your life and career in your own hands.
Adam Goldman, Owner
FranchiseCoach.net
Email: agoldman@franchisecoach.net
DM: @FranchiseCoach

Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** I spoke to a source this week about Pleasant Hill (Iowa) Southeast Polk safety Xavier Nwankpa, a top of the board target for the Irish in the 2022 class. The latest I'm told is that the Irish are still right in the thick of his recruitment along with Ohio State. He officially visited Texas A&M, but I strongly believe that Notre Dame has a better chance to land him. I wouldn't recommend sleeping on Iowa in this recruitment either; I hear they're doing a fantastic job for him.

*** My take on Nwankpa? The longer this goes, the better it is for Iowa and Notre Dame. Ohio State may get up to six defensive backs, and the Irish and Hawkeyes will stay in it for the long haul with Nwankpa. And I'm hearing he will take his recruitment into the fall and take game day visits. Some of my sources in South Bend are really optimistic that the Irish will be able to land Nwankpa. I view this update as very positive for Notre Dame. Those same sources felt earlier this year that Nwankpa was leaning strong towards Ohio State, but he never committed, and now it's the end of July. The waiting game can only help Notre Dame, in my opinion.

*** Notre Dame wide receivers coach Del Alexander is working on getting some of his top 2023 targets on campus for the cookout on Tuesday. We've already reported that four-stars Raymond Cottrell and Mikal Harrison-Pilot will make it in for the visit, and Alexander is working on getting Texas wide out Braylon James on campus as well. The Irish offered the 6-4, 185-pounder at the end of May.

"We're trying to make it down there," James told me. "That is one of my priority visits. Coach Alexander is really eager to get me there. The only thing I have locked in is Clemson for the 30th. We're trying to figure all of [my July visits] out."

*** One of the standout defensive back recruits at the Rivals Five-Star Underclassmen Challenge in Atlanta last month was 2023 recruit Antonio Cotman Jr. from Chester (Va.) Life Christian Academy. Cotman told Rivals.com's Adam Gorney that Notre Dame is one of the schools he's heard from recently. Maryland and Virginia Tech have offered Cotman early on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News