ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Tidbits On CJ Williams, 2022 RB Recruiting & More

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Are you ready to put your career in your own hands? Adam Goldman can help! Adam is a member of BlueandGold.com and franchise veteran, having recently sold a franchise to a strategic buyer. Using his expertise, he helps others find their American Dream through a very thorough and FREE consultation process. Call Adam at 844-800-FRAN and put your life and career in your own hands.
Adam Goldman, Owner
FranchiseCoach.net
Email: agoldman@franchisecoach.net
DM: @FranchiseCoach

Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei class of 2022 wide receiver CJ Williams announced his final five schools list of Alabama, Notre Dame, Stanford, Texas and USC tonight. My sources on the Notre Dame side of things feel good about where things stand with Williams, and if he commits in August like he has said he hopes to, I believe he'll choose the Fighting Irish. USC gives me some pause as the Trojans typically do well at Mater Dei. Williams likes Stanford and Texas a lot too. I don't see Alabama being more than a hat on the table. As things stand right now, I think Notre Dame has a lead here, but we'll just have to see what he ends up doing.

*** With Notre Dame's "Big 3" running back targets committing to other schools, what happens next? There are a few options on the table, including trying to flip one of those players, standing pat with just Jadarian Price, going after other guys they've previously offered but had lower on the board or offer more players this fall after reviewing more film. One thing I'm told by a source is that Notre Dame will only move on a second back that it feels strongly about. One name I'm hearing to keep an eye on right now? Quinshon Judkins from Alabama. The Irish offered him back in March and have been communicating with him recently about getting on campus for a visit. I've seen Judkins in person, and he is a beast. I'd really like this get for Notre Dame if it comes to fruition.

*** Notre Dame has already offered three quarterbacks in the 2024 class, including Carlsbad (Calif.) High's Julian Sayin. He visited Notre Dame's campus in late June, and I'm told he had a really good visit. This young man is a five-star type talent and will have just about every major school after him when it's all said and done. One thing that could go in Notre Dame's favor here is that his father grew up a Notre Dame fan. Sayin's older brother, Aidin, was a quarterback recruit in Tyler Buchner's class and camped at Notre Dame too. Despite not receiving an offer from the Irish, I hear the family really enjoyed the recruiting process with ND. Aidin will play his college ball at Penn.

*** Buford (Ga.) High class of 2022 safety Jake Pope is expected to make a "silent" commitment in the next few days and will announce a decision in the next few weeks publicly. As things stand right now, I don't expect it to be Notre Dame. Never say never -- especially when it comes to Marcus Freeman as he can turn the tide quickly -- but right now, I expect him to say down South. Notre Dame is in his final group, and he offered the following quotes in an interview with BuckeyeGrove.com on the Rivals network...

On why Notre Dame is in his top five: “They’re always trending upward with some of the best teams in the nation. That Notre Dame degree will set you up for life after football. The university is by far probably the nicest I’ve seen. They keep it super clean. Every building is clean. I see how they take pride in their school. When I was there, I hung out with Kyle Hamilton. He was my host. All of the players are super genuine and hard workers, which is good because you want to surround yourself with like-minded people. I can tell they’re like-minded.

"I love Coach [Chris] O’Leary and Coach [Nick] Lezynski. In fact, Notre Dame was one of my first, I guess, bigger school offers I had, and they’ve always stuck with me. I really appreciate that. I’ve had a great relationship with them over time.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News