ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Scoop from Notre Dame‘s big Sept. 1 recruiting day (part II)

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Are you ready to put your career in your own hands? Adam Goldman can help! Adam is a member of BlueandGold.com and franchise veteran, having recently sold a franchise to a strategic buyer. Using his expertise, he helps others find their American Dream through a very thorough and FREE consultation process. Call Adam at 844-800-FRAN and put your life and career in your own hands.
Adam Goldman, Owner
FranchiseCoach.net
Email: agoldman@franchisecoach.net
DM: @FranchiseCoach

Part two of the nuggets on Notre Dame's Sept. 1 contact with 2023 recruits.. Click here if you missed last night's Lucky Charms. I'm actually going to have to do a part 3 on Monday because there's just too much and I have to get to sleep early tonight to catch a flight to New Jersey.

*** A notable item to come out of this week is Denton (Texas) Guyer class of 2023 quarterback Jackson Arnold all but locking in a fall visit to Notre Dame this fall. Arnold exchanged a few text messages early on Wednesday with Notre Dame offensive coordinator Tommy Rees, and they jumped on a phone call later that day. Arnold told me that he's planning on visiting Notre Dame for the North Carolina matchup in late October. Notre Dame looks to be in the driver's seat in Arnold's recruitment. I believe Notre Dame gets Arnold if it pushes, but Rees and Co. don't seem to be in any rush to do so right now.

*** Rees also had a conversation with Maize (Kan.) High quarterback Avery Johnson via text message on Wednesday. They didn't have a phone call though. Notre Dame has offered Johnson and will watch him into the fall as well.

*** Ramsey (N.J.) Don Bosco Prep offensive guard Chase Bisontis exchanged text messages with Irish head coach Brian Kelly on Wednesday and had a FaceTime call with offensive line coach Jeff Quinn as well. Quinn's message to Bistontis? "He thinks I could be a huge part of Notre Dame’s class of 2023 and to continue building a relationship with each other," Bisontis told me.

*** Fredericksburg (Va.) Riverbend defensive lineman Mathias Barnwell spoke with Notre Dame defensive line coach Mike Elston early on Wednesday morning. Barnwell tells me that he's locked in fall visits with Penn State, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Notre Dame. His return trip to South Bend will be for the USC game Oct. 23. That contest is shaping up to be one of the biggest recruiting days in a very long time for Notre Dame with the amount of talent on campus.

*** Yet another defensive line recruit Elston interacted with this week was five-star defensive lineman David Hicks Jr. It was not a phone call, but Elston was still making his pitch on why Hicks should choose Notre Dame.

*** It should come as no surprise that multiple Notre Dame coaches reached out to Las Vegas Bishop Gorman cornerback Justyn Rhett. While my sources on the Irish side of things feel less optimistic about Notre Dame's chances with the elite cornerback, ND is still very much in the thick of things. Notre Dame hoped that a summer commitment would take place, but that didn't happen. Mike Mickens and Co. are still working hard on Rhett, and Mickens had a great conversation with the four-star recruit on Wednesday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News