ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Notre Dame football recruiting visit nuggets

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Since I didn't post Lucky Charms last night, we'll go heavy on the nuggets tonight...

*** We reported in the Gold Standard on Monday that class of 2023 quarterback Nico Iamaleava plans to return to Notre Dame when the Irish host USC Oct. 23. Iamaleava visited Notre Dame over the weekend with Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei class of 2024 wide receiver Jack Ressler, who received an offer from the Irish, like Iamaleava did, during the visit. I'm told that Iamaleava plans to return to Notre Dame with Ressler, and additionally, Mater Dei class of 2024 quarterback Elijah Brown has the date marked down on his calendar as well. Brown is 32 of 39 for 472 yards and five touchdowns through two games. He's going to be a big-time prospect. You love to see this SoCal trio planning to visit Notre Dame against the Trojans.

*** Merrillville (Ind.) Andrean class of 2023 linebacker Drayk Bowen will visit Notre Dame for all three of its home games in October. It was known that he'd be visiting for the USC and North Carolina games Oct. 23 and Oct. 30, respectively. But Bowen will also visit for the Cincinnati game next weekend with one of his buddies, and he'll take the trips to ND at the end of the month with his parents. Bowen visited Clemson over the weekend and seemed to have a great experience, so being back on ND's campus three times in October will help the Irish pull away in the recruitment, in my opinion. I like Notre Dame to land the four-star 'backer at some point this year.

*** Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy class of 2023 athlete Samuel M'Pemba released a top 12 schools list of Georgia, Miami, Missouri, Michigan, Florida, Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M, Florida State, Penn State, Notre Dame and Oklahoma this week. Notre Dame will host the nation's No. 19 recruit next weekend for the Cincinnati game. This is a big development, as the Irish staff has been working on M'Pemba for over a year now and has the opportunity to finally meet him in person. Bowen and Alex "Sonny" Styles are talked about the most as the Irish's top 2023 linebacker targets, but M'Pemba is elite as well. He would fit in nicely at the rover spot and projects at multiple positions in Marcus Freeman's defense.

*** Phenix City (Ala.) Glenwood class of 2023 cornerback AJ Harris narrowed his recruitment down from 13 to seven schools this week. Making the cut for the No. 1 CB in the country is Alabama, LSU, Clemson, Notre Dame, North Carolina, Georgia and Ohio State. Personally, I feel that Notre Dame is a long shot here, but some sources I've spoken to on the Irish side of things feel very optimistic that ND can pull off the upset. We'll definitely be keeping an eye on Harris.

*** Mt. Pleasant (S.C.) Oceanside Collegiate Academy class of 2023 offensive tackle Monroe Freeling has the following visits set up: South Carolina Sept. 25, Notre Dame Oct. 2, Clemson Oct. 30 and Alabama Nov. 6. The vibe in this recruitment is that the three lead teams for Freeling are Clemson, North Carolina and Notre Dame. He's from Oregon and didn't move to South Carolina until a few years ago, so the Tigers may not have the typical in-state pull. Freeling is very high on Notre Dame. Another guy to keep a close eye on.

*** A few more players who tell me they'll be at upcoming Notre Dame games ... Massillon (Ohio) Washington class of 2023 running back Willtrell Hartson, who holds offers from Boston College and Temple, plans to visit Notre Dame for the North Carolina game ... Longview (Texas) Pine Tree class of 2024 defensive end Dealyn Evans will visit that weekend as well. Arizona State, Baylor, UCF and UTSA have offered the the 6-4, 258-pounder already ... Houston Mayde Creek class of 2023 cornerback Tay'Shawn Wilson was planning to visit Notre Dame for the Purdue game but had to reschedule his plans and now scheduled to come in for the Cincinnati game next weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News