ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Notre Dame Football Recruiting Nuggets

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Are you ready to put your career in your own hands? Adam Goldman can help! Adam is a member of BlueandGold.com and franchise veteran, having recently sold a franchise to a strategic buyer. Using his expertise, he helps others find their American Dream through a very thorough and FREE consultation process. Call Adam at 844-800-FRAN and put your life and career in your own hands.
Adam Goldman, Owner
FranchiseCoach.net
Email: agoldman@franchisecoach.net
DM: @FranchiseCoach

Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** Pittsburgh (Pa.) Central Catholic class of 2022 defensive tackle Donovan Hinish is planning to officially visit Notre Dame June 18. I'm told that the trip hasn't been set in stone just yet, but it is the expectation as of now. Hinish has an official visit to Pittsburgh for the following weekend, but it would be a surprise if he actually takes that visit. I believe he will be on Notre Dame's commitment list following his visit.

*** I'm told that Notre Dame will have a massive visitor on campus June 4 when Philadelphia St. Joseph's class of 2023 linebacker Josiah Trotter checks out campus. Notre Dame offered the nation's No. 80 recruit on March 31 and has done a nice job in the recruitment. His father is Jeremiah Trotter, who was a linebacker in the NFL from 1998-2009 and is known for his time with the Philadelphia Eagles. He had six seasons with over 100 tackles. Notre Dame getting his son on campus next week is a big development.

*** Ellenwood (Ga.) Cedar Grove class of 2023 cornerback Kayin Lee was supposed to be visiting Notre Dame June 1, but he told me that he's going to have to push it back due to his father's work schedule. Lee is still hoping to visit Notre Dame next week though. Notre Dame's Mike Mickens, Chad Bowden and Marcus Freeman have done a nice job making Lee feel like a priority early on.

*** Notre Dame offered a pair of talented receivers this week when position coach Del Alexander extended the news to Orlando (Fla.) Bishop Moore's CJ Smith and Trussville (Ala.) Hewitt Trussville's Omari Kelly. I don't know as much about Kelly's recruitment at this point other than that he's officially visiting UCF June 11. As far as Smith goes, track and field is a big deal to him, and he's not sold on the Irish's program yet. There will be a hurdle (pun intended) there for the Irish.

*** In talking to sources about what these offers mean, nothing has changed at the top of the Irish receiver board. Notre Dame is hosting Tobias Merriweather (June 11-13), Nicholas Anderson (June 18-20), CJ Williams (June 25-27) and Amorion Walker (June 25-27), and those guys are the top of the board priorities at this time. Andre Greene Jr. is still an important target too, but his timeline is pushed back and will officially visit in the fall. And then guys like Xayvion Bradshaw, Joseph Griffin Jr and Taylor Groves are still in the mix.

*** Arthur (Ill.) Lovington class of 2023 athlete Kaden Feagin will camp at Notre Dame on June 6 for Irish Invasion. The 6-3, 220-pounder holds offers from Illinois and Rutgers early on.

*** Key an eye on Dearborn (Mich.) Divine Child class of 2023 offensive lineman Dylan Senda. He holds 15 offers, including the likes Louisville, Maryland, Miami and Michigan State, and the Irish will host him for Irish Invasion as well. Senda has been in contact Irish offensive line coach Jeff Quinn on a weekly basis for the past several weeks. He'll also camp at West Virginia June 1, Wisconsin June 3, Michigan State June 13, Ohio State June 15, Northwestern June 17, Iowa June 19, Oklahoma June 22, Alabama June 26 and Penn State July 25.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News