ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Notable recruits visiting Notre Dame this weekend

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** The Notre Dame recruiting news of the day is that Detroit Martin Luther King class of 2023 quarterback Dante Moore will be in South Bend this weekend for a third time. We already knew that his good buddy, class of 2023 wide receiver Carnell Tate from Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy, would be making it in, but the addition of Moore is huge. Obviously, it's key from the standpoint that both players are big targets for Notre Dame's 2023 class but also because they're visiting ND together for a second time and are growing a stronger friendship.

*** If Tate and Moore are going to play together in college -- which is not a sure thing at this point -- then I believe it'll be at Notre Dame. My gut says that the top contenders for Moore are Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame and Penn State, while Tate's top options seem to be Michigan, Notre Dame and Ohio State. Both prospects are wild cards in terms of when a commitment could occur.

*** Notre Dame will have three of its four linebacker commits in the 2022 class on campus this weekend. Traverse City (Mich.) Central's Joshua Burnham, Grand Rapids (Mich.) Catholic Central's Nolan Ziegler and Hilton Head (S.C.) High's Jaylen Sneed are making it in and may get to run into two of the Irish's top 2023 linebacker targets -- Drayk Bowen and Sonny Styles -- to recruit them. Burnham and Ziegler are essentially just regulars at Notre Dame at this point. This will be Sneed's third visit to Notre Dame.

*** Notre Dame has a commitment from Sedrick Irvin Jr., but the Irish are still looking at options for a second running back in the 2023 class. Arthur (Ill.) Lovington's Kaden Feagin is one of those prospects, and he'll be on campus for the Cincinnati game. I also have him down for coming to the Notre Dame-USC matchup as well. Feagin received an offer from the Irish over the summer.

*** If Notre Dame offers Dearborn (Mich.) Divine Child class of 2023 offensive lineman Dylan Senda, I will toss in a FutureCast pick in favor of the Fighting Irish. Senda has weekly contact with Notre Dame offensive line coach Jeff Quinn and will be on campus Saturday. Iowa, Louisville, Miami, Michigan and Penn State are among the offers for the interior line prospect.

*** St. Louis Cardinal Ritter class of 2023 wide receiver Fredrick Moore will be at Notre Dame this Saturday. Arkansas, Arkansas State, Iowa State, Kansas State and Maryland have offered the 6-1, 159-pounder thus far. This is a prospect who Notre Dame has been keeping an eye on for a while

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News