ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: New FutureCast Pick In For Notre Dame

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Are you ready to put your career in your own hands? Adam Goldman can help! Adam is a member of BlueandGold.com and franchise veteran, having recently sold a franchise to a strategic buyer. Using his expertise, he helps others find their American Dream through a very thorough and FREE consultation process. Call Adam at 844-800-FRAN and put your life and career in your own hands.
Adam Goldman, Owner
FranchiseCoach.net
Email: agoldman@franchisecoach.net
DM: @FranchiseCoach

Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** I put in a new Rivals FutureCast pick Monday night for Notre Dame to land Phoenix Brophy Prep class of 2022 cornerback Benjamin Morrison. This is now my third prediction for the four-star player. A few weeks ago, I predicted Morrison to Notre Dame. My sources felt very good about where the Irish stood heading into and following his June 11-13 official visit. But then after Jayden Bellamy and Devin Moore committed to Notre Dame and several sources indicated that Morrison was leaning hard towards Washington, I flipped my pick to the Huskies on Saturday morning.

*** But then I talked to a source on Monday morning that told me the Irish staff worked its magic on Morrison and swayed him back towards Notre Dame. To be honest, it wouldn't stun me if he still ended up committing to Washington since he's seemed torn, but my sources believe Notre Dame has a strong grip on this recruitment. If Notre Dame does land Morrison, Mike Mickens, Brian Polian and Marcus Freeman deserve a lot of credit. I expect Morrison to announce a commitment potentially late next week; it will likely be in July.

*** I put in a FutureCast this morning for Las Vegas Bishop Gorman offensive tackle Jake Taylor to land at Oklahoma. I originally put in a pick for him to choose Notre Dame last December, but I swung and missed on that one. Taylor tweeted this afternoon that his decision will be announced tomorrow afternoon on CBS Sports HQ. I expect him to choose the Sooners. A loss here would hurt Notre Dame because they put in so much work to land him, but I'm not sure what else they could have done differently. The kid has always been enamored with OU.

*** Even though Wisconsin picked up some momentum in June, I never felt it was wise to write off Notre Dame for Fond du Lac (Wis.) St. Mary's Springs offensive lineman Billy Schrauth. Multiple sources I've spoken with in the past 24 hours believe that Notre Dame has pulled back ahead Wisconsin for the four-star prospect, but he still seems torn. I still give Notre Dame the edge and believe that's where Schrauth wants to be, but this recruitment will continue to be a battle until he announces his final choice sometime in the next month.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News