ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: More Notre Dame coaches on the road nuggets

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** While in Southern California on Wednesday, Notre Dame special teams coordinator Brian Polian made a couple of stops that I hadn't reported on earlier this week. One was to see 2022 Irish cornerback commit Jaden Mickey practice, and the other was a stop at 2022 Rivals100 defensive lineman Hero Kanu's high school. Kanu is set to officially visit Oklahoma this weekend and heads to South Bend next weekend for an official to Notre Dame. He took an unofficial to ND in July and loved his time on campus. It's anyone's guess at this point as to where Kanu lands. I've heard LSU is the leader right now, but that program seems to be sinking. Notre Dame could pull this one off. Mickey will unofficially visit Notre Dame for the USC game.

*** Notre Dame offensive line coach Jeff Quinn is making the rounds in Indiana on Friday, which will include a stop at Indianapolis Roncalli that morning to check in on Trevor Lauck, a 5.7 three-star recruit and No. 35 offensive tackle in America for the 2023 class. Also, I'm told that Lauck will visit Notre Dame for the USC and UNC games. If Notre Dame offers Lauck, I would toss in a FutureCast pick right away. His grandfather, Chick Lauck, played on the Notre Dame national championship team in 1966.

*** I've reported previously on tight ends coach John McNulty's visits in the Northeast this week -- which includes a stop at Penn State running back commit Nicholas Singleton's high school on Friday -- and here are a couple more of note for tomorrow. I hear he'll be at Pennsauken (N.J.) High for some area recruiting, and that school is home to 2023 ATH Ejani Shakir and 2023 S Kahlil Ali ... Last week, Notre Dame offered Perkasie (Pa.) Pennridge Upper Senior linebacker Phil Picciotti, and McNulty will make a stop at that school ... And lastly, I hear McNulty will be at Warminster (Pa.) Archbishop Wood, which is home to the following 2023 prospects: four-star LB Semaj Bridgeman, DE Eric Gardner Jr. and TE Markus Dixon.

*** One of the very best class of 2024 recruits in the country will be on Notre Dame's campus for the USC game. Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco safety Peyton Woodyard, who Notre Dame offered months ago and had on campus over the summer, is looking forward to getting back to South Bend. Woodyard is a distant cousin of Irish safety Kyle Hamilton. Notre Dame wide receivers coach Del Alexander is in Southern California on Friday and will stop in at Woodyard's school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News