ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Justyn Rhett, Carson Tabaracci, Irish LB recruiting update

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** Las Vegas Bishop Gorman class of 2023 cornerback Justyn Rhett tweeted out a top five schools group of Notre Dame, Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma and Tennessee this evening. I wrote in The Gold Standard yesterday that a commitment may be around the corner, and that Notre Dame should feel pretty good on that. Well, with this development of a top five at this point in the process, I'm walking that back a tad. Notre Dame is still a big contender here, but it's not a slam dunk by any stretch. We will see on Rhett, but I wanted to give this update after what I wrote on Monday.

*** Park City (Utah) High class of 2022 athlete Carson Tabaracci may be down to a couple of schools -- Notre Dame and Utah. Tabaracci was going to officially visit Ohio State this weekend, but I am told that visit is off. This is a notable development as it likely removes the Buckeyes from the recruitment. Unless Tabaracci wants to commit to a head coach-less USC or if UCLA is actually still in the mix, I believe Tabaracci is down to the Utes and Fighting Irish. I haven't heard anything that would indicate Tabaracci that isn't a take right now. He'll be a name to watch moving forward.

*** With Pickerington (Ohio) Central's Alex "Sonny" Styles picking Ohio State -- a commitment I believe will stick for the long run -- what is next on the linebacker board in the 2023 class? To start, Notre Dame landed its other priority linebacker target in Merrillville (Ind.) Andrean's Drayk Bowen, so it's a fantastic start. Notre Dame has several other linebacker offers out, and a few names to know moving forward are Pittsburgh Brashear's Ta'Mere Robinson, Perkasie (Pa.) Pennridge Upper Sr.'s Phil Picciotti and Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy's Samuel M'Pemba. All three prospects have visited Notre Dame; Picciotti and M'Pemba have visited this fall but M'Pemba hasn't been on campus since the summer.

*** And another name that has resurfaced is Washington (D.C.) Archbishop Carroll's Nyckoles Harbor. Shout out to @RRH1 for his post earlier this week that Notre Dame is back in the mix because he was spot on. Notre Dame's Mike Elston offered the four-star prospect back in May, and at that time, it looked like he was a vyper recruit. But Harbor preferred tight end, so the recruitment fizzled out. However, Harbor sees his upside now on defense, which opened the door for Notre Dame. The Irish like the 6-5, 220-pounder at rover, and he's been clocked running a 10.3 100 meter. Not landing Styles stings, but getting a prospect like Harbor would be a fantastic consolation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News