ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Five key 2024 recruits to watch for Notre Dame

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...Here's my list of five key 2024 recruits to watch for the Irish.

Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco safety Peyton Woodyard

I already have a FutureCast pick in for Notre Dame to land this elite prospect, and Marcus Freeman becoming the Irish's head coach is a huge boost for the Fighting Irish in this recruitment. Woodyard thinks the world of the coaching staff in South Bend and has already had two very productive visits. Woodyard will have offers from just about everyone as time goes on, but Notre Dame got in on him early, and my sources in South Bend feel great about where the Irish are at with this young man. It's obviously early to talk about a commitment here, but I see Woodyard as someone who will pop sooner than later.

Pittsburgh Central Catholic linebacker Anthony Speca

I also have a FutureCast prediction in for Speca to choose the Fighting Irish. He was Notre Dame's first offer in the 2024 class, he's visited campus two or three times already, goes to a Catholic school in Pennsylvania and was teammates and good friends with 2022 defensive tackle signee Donovan Hinish. Notre Dame looks really good early on for Speca.

Nashville (Tenn.) Lipscomb Academy cornerback Kaleb Beasley

This is another defensive back recruit who I'm told Notre Dame absolutely loves. The Fighting Irish staff offered him during a visit in the fall and will be pursuing him hard. Beasley attends the high school of former Super Bowl winning quarterback Trent Dilfer, interestingly enough. Look for Notre Dame to make this four-star prospect a big priority.

Carlsbad (Calif.) High quarterback Julian Sayin

Notre Dame offensive coordinator Tommy Rees has done a very nice job getting four quarterback offers out to talented prospects in the 2024 class, and I believe all of them have visited campus already. Sayin made it to Notre Dame in June and October for the USC game. His dad is admittedly a fan of the Fighting Irish. Georgia, Texas, Penn State and others have already offered Sayin. He'll keep blowing up, too.

St. Louis University wide receiver Ryan Wingo

The four-star recruit has visited Notre Dame a couple times already. The Fighting Irish staff really likes this prospect early on from what I'm hearing. He speaks highly about Notre Dame when I talk to him about his visits, and he seems like an ND-type kid. Florida, Missouri and Texas are among his other offers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News