ADVERTISEMENT

Lou Holtz

Love that he called day and osu soft & especially like him post-2016. 😉

So......Notre Dame lost to a soft team? Maybe we should do something to correct that....like maybe beat them....So we have a basis to criticize them. No?

“So......Notre Dame lost to a soft team? Maybe we should do something to correct that....like maybe beat them....So we have a basis to criticize them. No?”

If dj brown catches a ball right in his hands, we beat them 14-10 and bully them in the 2nd half while doing so. But that has nothing to do w/ it. Holtz has the right to voice his opinion, no?

Reactions: Tru2Irish
“So......Notre Dame lost to a soft team? Maybe we should do something to correct that....like maybe beat them....So we have a basis to criticize them. No?”

If dj brown catches a ball right in his hands, we beat them 14-10 and bully them in the 2nd half while doing so. But that has nothing to do w/ it. Holtz has the right to voice his opinion, no?
Ryan Day has rabbit ears and became super sensitive to the “soft” label. After his teams got whipped by Michigan twice, and Oregon went into the Shoe at beat them too.

What I don’t like about him, is the fact he flexed on ND after 2022, and this year, talking about how tough his team is, and this imaginary Ohio vs the world BS.

Why? because ND legend and ND super fan 86 yo Lou Holtz was firing up a pro ND crowd in a public setting?

OMG when Holtz called USC the University of Spoiled Children at a Pep Rally did anyone cry or get offended? Sgt Hulka from Stripes would say “Lighten up Little Ryan” dry those eyes.

Last edited:

Holtz has earned a right to his opinion. Never suggested otherwise. But if a 1 loss team is soft...what does that say about a 3 loss team, with one of those losses coming to the 1 loss team?

“ Holtz has earned a right to his opinion. Never suggested otherwise. But if a 1 loss team is soft...what does that say about a 3 loss team, with one of those losses coming to the 1 loss team”

I was responding to when you said we should have a basis for criticism. I would think that would be you suggesting he didn’t. As for what does that say about us being a 3 loss team as opposed to they being a 1 loss team, I don’t know if that means we’re necessarily softer, but it may. But holtz wasn’t talking about ND, he was talking about OSU. One doesn’t have anything to do w/ the other really. But more to my point, even though I didn’t always love his offensive style, holtz instilled a confidence in his team that we’ve been lacking since he left. For him to call osu soft was really no big deal, but since people don’t like him now, for varying reasons I guess, they blew it up like it was blasphemous. I’ll end this w/ a F osu & ryan day.

Holtz has earned a right to his opinion. Never suggested otherwise. But if a 1 loss team is soft...what does that say about a 3 loss team, with one of those losses coming to the 1 loss team?
Nothing honestly.

Northwestern can be a 6 loss team and OSU be a 1 loss team and Northwestern be the more physical team. OSU is just more talented.

OSU is more talented than Michigan. Michigan is more physical and better coached team right now

“ Holtz has earned a right to his opinion. Never suggested otherwise. But if a 1 loss team is soft...what does that say about a 3 loss team, with one of those losses coming to the 1 loss team”

I was responding to when you said we should have a basis for criticism. I would think that would be you suggesting he didn’t. As for what does that say about us being a 3 loss team as opposed to they being a 1 loss team, I don’t know if that means we’re necessarily softer, but it may. But holtz wasn’t talking about ND, he was talking about OSU. One doesn’t have anything to do w/ the other really. But more to my point, even though I didn’t always love his offensive style, holtz instilled a confidence in his team that we’ve been lacking since he left. For him to call osu soft was really no big deal, but since people don’t like him now, for varying reasons I guess, they blew it up like it was blasphemous. I’ll end this w/ a F osu & ryan day.
No bigger fan of Holtz than Yours Truly. My comments had nothing to do with Holtz...and everything to do with malfunctioning bravado in some of these comments. ND got punked by Louisville. It was embarrassing. Does that make ND soft? Or did we just lose to a better team "that day?"> Louisville's effort against Pitt suggests the latter. If Michigan and OSU played 10 times...you would likely see a split. Can't stand Michigan or OSU...but I personally will save the jabs until we beat them; where OSU is concerned, particularly.

Reactions: francade
Day lost on the road, by less than a TD, to the #2 team. Freeman would almost be satisfied with that result.

Day lost on the road, by less than a TD, to the #2 team. Freeman would almost be satisfied with that result.
Ryan Day has lost to Michigan three straight times.

He needs to hope Jim Harbaugh leaves for the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT