ADVERTISEMENT

Klubnik and Clemson

edub72

All Star
Jan 17, 2018
I hope they have a similar USC blitz heavy defensive plan against Clemson. Klubnik has really struggled this year.

G Klubnik has struggled. He doesn’t have the receivers to extend the field. The offense is hurting, they cannot find an identity; even Dabo seems bewildered at times how to game plan them. He will have this worked out for ‘24; but ‘23 is still a case of trial and error.

Do they have a backup that has played? Do they have a top tier backup?

Dabo in the last 3 seasons lost his Co-Offensive Coordinators (Tony Elliott & Jeff Scott) and his DC (Brent Venables)

Most coaches not named Nick Saban, may hit a couple of rough patches.

Hard to believe on 11/5/2022 Clemson came into ND 8-0 and ranked #4 in the Nation

Then on 11/4/2023 when Clemson entertains ND, they will have gone 7-7 their last 14 games.

A win Saturday would be the high point of Clemsons season. They’ve had some bad luck, and are still dangerous. Feels like they’re due. With that said I don’t see how they score more than 21 points on us unless Klubnick shows something he hasn’t this season.

Reactions: francade
Yes, beating us would likely be the high point of their season. But since we are not in the CFP chase, we’re not bitter rivals, and they are used to contending for titles, beating a good ND team isn’t going to be extra motivation for them like it would for a lot of programs.

G Klubnik has struggled. He doesn’t have the receivers to extend the field. The offense is hurting, they cannot find an identity; even Dabo seems bewildered at times how to game plan them. He will have this worked out for ‘24; but ‘23 is still a case of trial and error.
Shipley is clearly their best offensive weapon, but I’ll be surprised if he plays this weekend.

I would like to see our depth chart at cb. I'm not sure I relish the idea of playing lewis, Mackey, and grey all game if Clemson decides to go pass happy Saturday.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
Yes, beating us would likely be the high point of their season. But since we are not in the CFP chase, we’re not bitter rivals, and they are used to contending for titles, beating a good ND team isn’t going to be extra motivation for them like it would for a lot of programs.
Disagree. A lot.

Beating Notre Dame is extra motivation for most everyone.

Reactions: francade
I would like to see our depth chart at cb. I'm not sure I relish the idea of playing lewis, Mackey, and grey all game if Clemson decides to go pass happy Saturday.
Why?

Gray, Mickey and Harper is a good crew

I think those guys will hold up quite well. They are both good talents.

• Sad
He got clocked vs ncsu...in concussion protocol, mid week decision, but I'll be shocked if he plays in non conference game this week.
Very hard to get out of the concussion protocol a couple days after going in. It's usually one week minimum and sometimes two.

I think those guys will hold up quite well. They are both good talents.
They are young and Lewis is not exceptional at anything at CB. I hope you are right. I think Morrison might be out there. Not too hopeful on Hart. Evans is gone for the year at TE.

A win Saturday would be the high point of Clemsons season. They’ve had some bad luck, and are still dangerous. Feels like they’re due. With that said I don’t see how they score more than 21 points on us unless Klubnick shows something he hasn’t this season.
Pretty much this – Clemson has a really, really good defense, and if we turn it over early, we could get behind and be trapped in one of those season-making games for an opponent. If we play 10 times, I think we went about eight of those times, but all it takes is one magical night for them, and, like you said it seems like they due because they do have some talent.

They are young and Lewis is not exceptional at anything at CB. I hope you are right. I think Morrison might be out there. Not too hopeful on Hart. Evans is gone for the year at TE.
Both Morrison and Hart were said to be ready for Clemson in Coach Freeman’s press conference.

Reactions: mbd11
We just lost Evan’s. Could be a 10 to 7 game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT