ADVERTISEMENT

Keys to a Title

Notre Dame du Lac

Posts Like A Champion
Oct 9, 2021
1. Fire Al Washington.
2. Move Lewis to safety or keep him on the bench.
3. Get a an option, Navy-like package ready for Buchner to mix things up vs Ohio State and control the clock that they won’t spend much time anticipating and don’t use him until that game.
4. Expedite the freshman talent. Get all 3 of the EE receivers on the field a lot in the first, second, and third games.
5. Feature Merriweather as a top target for Hartman all spring and summer.
6. Use all running backs, including Price and Love. Get creative and keep them fresh.
7. Move Tyree to slot and get him lots of reps. Do not hand him the ball, ever.
8. Use what we know about Rees to our advantage against Bama in the playoffs. Have Golden and Freeman out wit him.
9. Don’t lose to NC State, a game Freeman likely would lose in 2022.
10. Watch Utah’s film before the SC game.

1. Fire Al Washington.
3. Get a an option, Navy-like package ready for Buchner to mix things up vs Ohio State and control the clock that they won’t spend much time anticipating and don’t use him until that game.
4. Expedite the freshman talent. Get all 3 of the EE receivers on the field a lot in the first, second, and third games.
6. Use all running backs, including Price and Love. Get creative and keep them fresh.
8. Use what we know about Rees to our advantage against Bama in the playoffs. Have Golden and Freeman out wit him.
Wow, you got it all figured out. I would suggest you give Marcus Freeman a call and advise him, because you are a football genius! (sarcasm)

1. Fire Al Washington.
More holes in that " logic " than Swiss cheese.

1. Fire Al Washington.
look in the current NLI era, ND is not winning a NC; so if that is all that floats your boat; you gonna drown!
Try to just enjoy the beauty of the game and the strategies and the camaraderie and reasonable fan debates.

Reactions: Terry Jillery
Why is this not a good plan?
First off I get it's his opinion, but c'mon. some of these are ridiculous.

Get an option package for Buchner. 😂 Navy is even moving away from the option. Sure let's get the potential starter/backup running and taking hits, increasing the potential risk to injury leaving ND in the position it was last year should Hartman get hurt if he as the starter. ND going to their 3rd string QB.

Expedite the freshman talent. Sure let's just throw the freshman in there site unseen. We don't even know how well they can grasp the playbook, or how well they are running their routes. Just a dumb statement considering we no zero about the freshman.

Feature Merriweather. See my comment above, same applies to Merriweather.

Move Tyree to slot, do not hand him the ball ever. Another dumb statement.

use all running backs. Dumb, again poster has zero knowledge of what happens in practice. Having more than 2 backs carrying the rock during a game doesn't work. We've seen this with Rees just last year.

Use what we know about Rees to our advantage. Many OC's have eventually faced their former teams, this is completely irrelevant.

watch Utah's film before SC game. The staff I'm sure watches film of not only opponents losses but their wins as well. Just a dumb comment that's a given.

Don't lose to NCState, yeah like they go out each week saying you know, maybe we should drop this game. 😂

First off I get it's his opinion, but c'mon. some of these are ridiculous.

Get an option package for Buchner. 😂 Navy is even moving away from the option. Sure let's get the potential starter/backup running and taking hits, increasing the potential risk to injury leaving ND in the position it was last year should Hartman get hurt if he as the starter. ND going to their 3rd string QB.

Expedite the freshman talent. Sure let's just throw the freshman in there site unseen. We don't even know how well they can grasp the playbook, or how well they are running their routes. Just a dumb statement considering we no zero about the freshman.

Feature Merriweather. See my comment above, same applies to Merriweather.

Move Tyree to slot, do not hand him the ball ever. Another dumb statement.

use all running backs. Dumb, again poster has zero knowledge of what happens in practice. Having more than 2 backs carrying the rock during a game doesn't work. We've seen this with Rees just last year.

Use what we know about Rees to our advantage. Many OC's have eventually faced their former teams, this is completely irrelevant.

watch Utah's film before SC game. The staff I'm sure watches film of not only opponents losses but their wins as well. Just a dumb comment that's a given.

Don't lose to NCState, yeah like they go out each week saying you know, maybe we should drop this game. 😂
Agree with you on Buchner

Disagree with you on the freshman and Merriweather. They need to play and get reps early. Too talented to sit like the Kelly days

Agree with you on Tyree. He needs to do both

Agree Rees point makes no sense

It's a given but the point is accurate. Emphasis on Utah film.

Agree with you on Buchner

Disagree with you on the freshman and Merriweather. They need to play and get reps early. Too talented to sit like the Kelly days

Agree with you on Tyree. He needs to do both

Agree Rees point makes no sense

It's a given but the point is accurate. Emphasis on Utah film.
So high school tape should determine playing time now ? Heaven forbid they earn it on the practice field and that the coaches that see them EVERY DAY make that determination.

95% of fans feel 10-2 or bust. The other 5% is made up of the handful of idiots like the few rivals board clowns like sjb and echo.

So high school tape should determine playing time now ? Heaven forbid they earn it on the practice field and that the coaches that see them EVERY DAY make that determination.
Yeah because that's what was said.

Sounded like a moron

Yeah the coaches always make the right decisions and are flawless. Always right.

Reactions: Chitown11
Yeah because that's what was said.

Sounded like a moron

Yeah the coaches always make the right decisions and are flawless. Always right.
The coaches should spend more time listening to Golson5.

Golson5, our village idiot.

Reactions: Pennick4
Sure lol. Go back to your Michigan board. You aren't wanted here
That is pretty pathetic even for you.

But then you excel at being pathetic.

By the way, I would never get drunk enough to visit anything Skunkbear

Golson5, you’re not wanted here.
You wouldn't know what to do without me. You're obsessed with me

I made you look like a fool in the thread last week and you went away but your back now because you can't stop yourself

You wouldn't know what to do without me. You're obsessed with me

I made you look like a fool in the thread last week and you went away but your back now because you can't stop yourself
Someone is full of themselves. I’m not obsessed with, I just simply do not like you.

1. Fire Al Washington.
Number 1. Get rid of Jenkins

Most talented team we’ve had in a long while I think. I worry about defensive line and linebacker. I think a change needed to be made in coaching. I worry special teams sees a big regression. Off-season hires were less than acceptable for most. I’m excited about the offensive potential.

Last edited:
I would like to add that ND should stop recruiting 5 stars since they can’t actually sign any now that BK is gone. While that alone is not going to likely win us a title, it’ll help us in recruiting, pushing the needle. It’s a matter of scarcity. One must focus limited resources (time) on the maximum level of productivity to maximize results. The “winning a title” thing is just for fans. The reality and true measure is we want to hit our ceiling like BK did. Win a title is more a buzz phrase for win 12 games. So I think the sound strategy is to stop recruiting 5 stars unless they live in Indiana or fall in our laps like they did with BK.

I would like to add that ND should stop recruiting 5 stars since they can’t actually sign any now that BK is gone. While that alone is not going to likely win us a title, it’ll help us in recruiting, pushing the needle. It’s a matter of scarcity. One must focus limited resources (time) on the maximum level of productivity to maximize results. The “winning a title” thing is just for fans. The reality and true measure is we want to hit our ceiling like BK did. Win a title is more a buzz phrase for win 12 games. So I think the sound strategy is to stop recruiting 5 stars unless they live in Indiana or fall in our laps like they did with BK.
Funny stuff

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT