ADVERTISEMENT

Kelly Responds to the Haters Wanting ND to Play 13th game

giphy.gif

I tip my hat. Good for coach Kelly. Another game will not help sway the voters.

OSU got the nod over TCU only because of the Big 10 prestige.

Last edited:
Wonderful Response. It's to bad ND doesn't count all the championships it won before and after the AP and UPI polls began. Oh well, 11 isn't a bad number. I'm looking for #12 in 2015!

Uh, the 1924, 1929 and 1930 NC's were won before the AP and UPI polls began.

I tip my hat. Good for coach Kelly. Another game will not help sway the voters.

OSU got the nod over TCU only because of the Big 10 prestige.
The big ten is the worst major conference. I'd say the Ohio State prestige got them in. It was all politics because tcu was the better team. It'll be a different story if ND is ever in the same position. So much hatred towards ND that the committee will screw them any chance they get. I say schedule another game to make it 13. Will the committee be able to see that big ten teams play weak out of conference schedules, but while ND doesn't play a title game they do play a much tougher schedule throughout the season? I don't trust the committee. I prefer the BCS.

The big ten is the worst major conference. I'd say the Ohio State prestige got them in. It was all politics because tcu was the better team. It'll be a different story if ND is ever in the same position. So much hatred towards ND that the committee will screw them any chance they get. I say schedule another game to make it 13. Will the committee be able to see that big ten teams play weak out of conference schedules, but while ND doesn't play a title game they do play a much tougher schedule throughout the season? I don't trust the committee. I prefer the BCS.

If you followed the game, you would know that the only way a school can schedule 13 regular season games is to play a game at Hawaii.

If you followed the game, you would know that the only way a school can schedule 13 regular season games is to play a game at Hawaii.
This is a frightening place. Maybe folks don't know that the NCAA manual and football rulebook are free downloads.... it would help if people read them...

Actually that is only if you play at Hawaii.

Have you heard the term Hawaii Exemption? The Hawaii Exemption is a rule enacted by the NCAA that allows Division I football teams that play at Hawaii to schedule a 13th regular-season game. The rule also allows the Warriors to play an extra game.

The addition of the 13th game, usually a home game, means extra revenue for those teams which can be used to offset the travel costs. However, teams can also schedule an extra off-week if they desire.

17.28.2 Alaska/Hawaii, Additional Football Contest
Member institutions located in Alaska and Hawaii shall be permitted to exceed, by one, the maximum number of football contests permitted under Bylaw 17.9.5.1 but otherwise shall conform to the same maximum number of contests and dates of competition permitted other members of the Association.

17.9.5.2 Annual Exemptions. [FBS/FCS]
The maximum number of football contests shall exclude the following:

(k) Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico. [FBS/FCS]
Any football games played in Hawaii, Alaska or Puerto Rico,respectively, either against or under the sponsorship of an active member institution located in Hawaii, Alaska or Puerto Rico, by a Division I member institution located outside the area in question.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT