ADVERTISEMENT

Kelly opening his mouth again

Eh, nothing to see here. We all knew he just wanted a big bag of money and an easier recruiting path.
Exactly this. He didn’t want to go that extra mile to get the recruits. Really good coach and CEO. But he is now creating a different narrative after he left. He wanted to work at ND until he retired and he wanted his 4th significant raise since he was hired. ND said we will talk in summer 2024.

And talk about being “stuffy”….? He was the epitome of stuffy

Reactions: Airzee23
My God have you guys ever lived in the South or done biz there ?

It is more casual there's no doubt about it.

He prefaced what he said by saying that it's neither a good or a bad thing.

IMO this is a writer looking to make a story when there is none------slow news day.

My God have you guys ever lived in the South or done biz there ?

It is more casual there's no doubt about it.

He prefaced what he said by saying that it's neither a good or a bad thing.

IMO this is a writer looking to make a story when there is none------slow news day.
👍

The guy just can't give it a rest. I get he's being asked questions, but he can basically let everyone know he's at LSU now and to ask relevant questions about LSU football. Glad he's gone.
He is a good coach. Not special. And he is entitled to chase money and recruit from a lazy boy. I just want to see Marcus win his natty this year and see egg on Kelly’s face

He is a good coach. Not special. And he is entitled to chase money and recruit from a lazy boy. I just want to see Marcus win his natty this year and see egg on Kelly’s face
I agree, but he continues to put the school down. He just can't let it go. It's as though he blames the school for his failure to win a championship, which like you, I'm rooting for Freeman to win one.

I agree, but he continues to put the school down. He just can't let it go. It's as though he blames the school for his failure to win a championship, which like you, I'm rooting for Freeman to win one.
It's all for show. Nothing more. Kelly has the longest tenure of any Notre Dame Football head coach in history. Longer than Ara, longer than Lou. You don't do that despising the place.

Very Good head coach, IMO. And the last 50 games were outstanding. Only 7 CFB teams have played in the 4-team CFB playoff at least twice since it started in 2014. Notre Dame is one of them.

Elite? No. That said, again, IMO, a very good head coach.

It's all for show. Nothing more. Kelly has the longest tenure of any Notre Dame Football head coach in history. Longer than Ara, longer than Lou. You don't do that despising the place.
Longest tenure, ZERO championships, ZERO major bowl wins, and most losses of any ND head coach. We all know that's eating at him. He thinks it was the place he was at that prevented him from winning, we'll see. Time will tell, but my money is on him not winning at LSU either.

Longest tenure, ZERO championships, ZERO major bowl wins, and most losses of any ND head coach. We all know that's eating at him. He thinks it was the place he was at that prevented him from winning, we'll see. Time will tell, but my money is on him not winning at LSU either.
Best twerking bellend in coaching!

• Haha
Reactions: Airzee23 and NDinNJ
Very good coach but hard to call him elite. As was stated by a previous poster, he had no big bowl wins. Took him a long time to gets the wins minus the 2012 season.

I think he bought into the espn narrative about ND not being able to win the big game instead of looking in the mirror.

Crushed by Bama in 2012. However, that wasn’t the same team from the whole year. Something about the preparation was off. The defense was not as good fundamentally from what I recall. He was also flirting with the NFL. His fault for poor preparation.

2018 Clemson. Crushed but then Clemson beats Bama by more. So he got crushed? It happens. Pick yourself up.

2020 Bama. Soundly beaten but not quite as bad upon further analysis, IMO. Then Bama beats OSU by more. So? Pick yourself up. It happens. Several issues in that Bama game that had nothing to do with talent but being outcoached (of course Bama was more talented).

McLeod misses a tackle by putting his head down and it turns into a 60+ yard gain instead of a 6-7 one. First or second play and Bama motions to two split receivers and there’s no 2nd ND defender. Easy toss for an easy first down. Unsound alignment when they had Bama pinned and the Bama back easily gains the edge for 15 yards. Nothing to do with talent but poor prep.

2021 team gave up a ton of sacks with all of that talent and a good 5th year QB. I think Wisky and Toledo both had 8-9 sacks. That’s coaching. Lucked into a win against Toledo and very fortunate to escape against Va Tech.

Last edited:
There were no championships in 89-90-91-92-93-94-95-96-97-98-99-00-01-02-03-04-05-06-07-08-09 before Brian Kelly arrived. 21 seasons. And ND Football was a smoldering dumpster fire when he arrived.

That dumpster fire is long gone.

I think Kelly is adjusting to the sec world. He always had that narcissist attitude at ND (not a knock, just fact) where he liked the eyes on him and his accomplishments. The sec and lsu have a very rabid fan base...but the reach of LSU and sec media isn't the same. Devoured locally...ignored nationally.

But a couple name drops and critical comments and it's all eyes on his new program. He's a smart guy. Just playing the game.

I think Kelly is adjusting to the sec world. He always had that narcissist attitude at ND (not a knock, just fact) where he liked the eyes on him and his accomplishments. The sec and lsu have a very rabid fan base...but the reach of LSU and sec media isn't the same. Devoured locally...ignored nationally.

But a couple name drops and critical comments and it's all eyes on his new program. He's a smart guy. Just playing the game.
Politician. Always has been, always will be.

Reactions: Airzee23
1 Top 5 win in 10 years against a Trevor Lawrence-less Clemson team. Marcus and BK both both beat a Top 5 DJ led Clemson team, with equal amounts of Top 5 wins in year 1.

There were no championships in 89-90-91-92-93-94-95-96-97-98-99-00-01-02-03-04-05-06-07-08-09 before Brian Kelly arrived. 21 seasons. And ND Football was a smoldering dumpster fire when he arrived.

I'm going to exclude 89-96 because Holtz won it in 88 and almost won it again in 89 and 93.

From 97-09, ND went through 3 head coaches that won zero championships, and had zero major bowl wins. Kelly managed to accomplish that all by himself in almost the same amount of time as those three coaches combined.

Kelly is a good coach, but that's it, he's not special.

ND football will never compete at that level. Nice program that’s it. Kelly left to a big time NFL type place and beat Saban in year one. Even Michigan won’t reach that level. The SEC is freakishly top heavy.

Oh Kelly hated ND. He just couldn’t get a better job is all. Nearly got fired in 2016. Tried desperately to get the Eagles job after the 2012 season. He stayed at ND because it literally was his only way to get a big paycheck until LSU called and he ran to them immediately. BK took the ND job because it was the only big name job available in 2009 and he wanted to cash in and gain more celebrity. He’s a smart guy.

Oh Kelly hated ND. He just couldn’t get a better job is all. Nearly got fired in 2016. Tried desperately to get the Eagles job after the 2012 season. He stayed at ND because it literally was his only way to get a big paycheck until LSU called and he ran to them immediately. BK took the ND job because it was the only big name job available in 2009 and he wanted to cash in and gain more celebrity. He’s a smart guy.
A dope post.

Loser.

ND football will never compete at that level. Nice program that’s it. Kelly left to a big time NFL type place and beat Saban in year one. Even Michigan won’t reach that level. The SEC is freakishly top heavy.
Wow, “even Michigan won’t reach that level”. Michigan sucks. They were a dumpster fire 3 years ago and Harbaugh was almost fired. Now they are special ? No, they got a decent qb and some defense. That’s all.

After we win it all you will have to eat crow

Reactions: NDinNJ

👍

That’s not remotely close to being accurate !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT