ADVERTISEMENT

Kelly cleaned house

4 assistants gone from LSU. Kerry Cooks included . Feeling the heat already!!!!
Had the number one offense in the country and the Heisman trophy winner yet lost 3 games. He won't win a thing at LSU.
Will probably accomplish pretty much the same as he did at ND. Will get close but never close the deal
Can't wait till they fire his ass
LSU will NOT put up with 10 win seasons
Then write an 80 million dollar check today.

No problem.

Just promote Diaco and land top talent. It worked at ND. I still think Georgia, Alabama, Auburn and Mississippi will run the tables in the SEC.

All defensive guys…hmmm. Of course that side of ball was poor, but all 4 is telling.

Let’s see what he does in year 3. Still getting some in state high end talent without trying

Aren't you happy they are all choosing MF our HC over Brian Kelly, the coach at LSU?

Or does that upset you
Upset? Hell no. The Brian Kelly coaching tree continuing in South Bend pleases me.

another Brian Kelly thread, we get it, some of you don’t like him.

I’m not a huge fan as I’ve stated ad nauseum but he had the same record at LSU as ND and I’d argue a much more difficult schedule. NDs SOS is approximately thirty points lower on three different sites I just checked.

LSU can make the playoffs with 10 win seasons.

All that said, I think BK leaves voluntarily for another job long before his contract is up.

another Brian Kelly thread, we get it, some of you don’t like him.

I’m not a huge fan as I’ve stated ad nauseum but he had the same record at LSU as ND and I’d argue a much more difficult schedule. NDs SOS is approximately thirty points lower on three different sites I just checked.

LSU can make the playoffs with 10 win seasons.

All that said, I think BK leaves voluntarily for another job long before his contract is up.
What Michigan does if Harbaugh leaves will be interesting.

What Michigan does if Harbaugh leaves will be interesting.
Apparently there is a lot of rumors that Brian Kelly would like that job if it opens.

He has very good connections to the state from his days coaching CMU. He recruited it well even when he was HC for Cincinnati, and got some good ones from there while at ND too.

i think Kelly is a beneficiary of the 12 team playoff...as will be about 3 or 4 other SEC teams. Getting into the playoff is his #1 hurdle...i.e. a job saver.

i think Kelly is a beneficiary of the 12 team playoff...as will be about 3 or 4 other SEC teams. Getting into the playoff is his #1 hurdle...i.e. a job saver.
LSU was #13 this past season. You are correct.

The heat is on. Does he make it to year 5?
yes, but that's the max, unless the wheels fall of completely prior to that or he heads to Michigan after Harbaugh bolts to the NFL.

BK is a good coach, no denying that, he's just not a championship level coach. I wouldn't even consider him a top 10 coach. He's 11-15 range. He can't win the big games, not even 1 in how many years at the FBS level? He's got zero NY6 bowl wins.

LSU overpaid. BK is fools gold, and he has a great agent!

Reactions: Chitown11
yes, but that's the max, unless the wheels fall of completely prior to that or he heads to Michigan after Harbaugh bolts to the NFL.

BK is a good coach, no denying that, he's just not a championship level coach. I wouldn't even consider him a top 10 coach. He's 11-15 range. He can't win the big games, not even 1 in how many years at the FBS level? He's got zero NY6 bowl wins.

Michigan won't want him. They don't like 2-3 loss seasons

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
LSU just hired Missouri’s DC. They made him the highest paid assistant in CFB. 2.5 million a year!!! Wow !

He has a guaranteed contract. They have to pay him regardless.

You should list the 10 head coaches that are all better than Brian Kelly.

Brian Kelly, the last 7 seasons, is 74-16, and is paid like a top 5 head coach.

Any list that includes 7-6 Luke Fickell is not valid.

These lists, IMO, are prone to recency bias.

You should list the 10 head coaches that are all better than Brian Kelly.

Brian Kelly, the last 7 seasons, is 74-16, and is paid like a top 5 head coach.

Any list that includes 7-6 Luke Fickell is not valid.

These lists, IMO, are prone to recency bias.
74-16 is great, but how many NY6 bowl games has he won? How many CFP games has he won? What's his record vs top 5? what's his record vs top 10? These are the games that separate good coaches from great coaches

Reactions: Chitown11
74-16 is great, but how many NY6 bowl games has he won? How many CFP games has he won? What's his record vs top 5? what's his record vs top 10? These are the games that separate good coaches from great coaches
Can you list the 10 CFB head coaches who are better?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT