ADVERTISEMENT

Just return home from ND - Navy

goirish94

ND Expert
Oct 24, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Would like to share the ND weekend experience....

My girls are finally old enough (6 and 9 years old) to attend their first ND game. Have to admit, picked a fantastic and beautiful weekend to attend the game. The campus colors are in full bloom. My wife went click happy with her camera phone. Worst than a Japanese tourist. LOL!!

Even with their tiny legs, we were able to tour most of the campus (missed out on the grotto - they were too tired -- next year!). Have to say that there were a lot of new buildings. I think even a possible new quad??? We were lucky to attend the ND hockey game on Thursday night at the new Compton Hockey arena and a ND Basketball game on Friday.

Game day was fantastic. We got to campus early at 9am. Word of warning. Don't go too early if you are hungry. Both North and South Dining Hall are closed to the general public (due to Covid). We were sorely disappointed that we could not take the girls to Saturday's evening Candlelight dinner in South Dining Hall. Something magical about dining in "wooden" hall buildings. In addition, La Fortune does not really open until 10-11am for Breakfast (except for the huddle). We waited and grabbed a steak sandwich at the Knights of Columbus (Given that we all were starving, this hit the spot!), checked out the Glee Club Concert in front of the Library, saw the players walk, attended ND Band concert at Bond Hall, and ND band step-off.

As for the game, beautiful sunny weather. Display board is pretty cool - esp the replay -- note: kinda ticked off that they missed a replay where Kyren got flipped over. It would have been great to see again. They play this weird song repeatedly that started with some little girl squealing something (I think she asked, "Are you scared of something" and then it goes into some jam). It was a bit annoying. Wished they edit her voice out. Personally, I am kinda old school. Rather and prefer to hear OUR NOTRE DAME BAND piped out some ND songs (maybe they could put mics in front of the band and have it blasted on the video board). I have to say this, my wife and I chuckled when they cheered "Let's Go Brandon" throughout the game. It was loud and clear as day. LOL. Girls loved the push ups during each score. It was one of the weekend's highlight.

Finally, as we left the stadium, we ran into Blake Fisher (Freshman OT - 6'6 335 pounds). He is HUGE. We look like midgets next to him. LOL... He was incredibly polite to my girls and we were fortunate to take a picture with him. Thank him for his time and wished him the very best of luck.

Overall great weekend. Looking forward to heading back next year (thinking ND vs UNLV).

Go Irish and God bless!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News