ADVERTISEMENT

Irishwhiskey

Rockne's Rambler

Posts Like A Champion
Dec 11, 2004
Florida
Anyone know what happened to this poster? He responded to a post, "Your Happiest Moment in ND Football History" a few years ago. I was moved by his response and kept it. Here it is:

So many great memories for me.....

So many great games mentioned throughout this thread and, having now reviewed the entire thread twice, I realize that I've seen almost every single one of them. I've also been privileged to witness impressive Irish victories in places like The Big House, The LA Coliseum, Beaver Stadium, and Spartan Stadium. And, Schadenfreude, I was also there when Desmond made his great catch against ND (a great call by Gary Moeller.)

Despite all that, my happiest ND moments were the last games I was able to watch with my Father. I was with him (with Mom and a buddy) to see ND beat Pittsburgh in 2002, and was able to watch a videotape of ND vs Stanford with him in 2003.

Dad died this past year, and while I miss him every day, I especially miss him on ND Saturdays. No matter what happens with the Irish from now until the end of time, I'll always be happiest to say that the last games that Dad and I saw together were Irish victories. I'll never forget the twinkle in his eyes on those days.

Thanks for letting me share that.

Go Irish.

No idea. So many of the old posters from past years no longer post here. Often wonder if they're still alive or if they've just moved on and stopped posting.

Since we don't know the real person behind the handles we use for most part, we may never know.

No idea. So many of the old posters from past years no longer post here. Often wonder if they're still alive or if they've just moved on and stopped posting.

Since we don't know the real person behind the handles we use for most part, we may never know.
fyi Herb, you are so right! FWIW, regrettably this poster is has been informed that posting days, and days in general are coming to a close. Just so you know where I went; ‘gone home’.

fyi Herb, you are so right! FWIW, regrettably this poster is has been informed that posting days, and days in general are coming to a close. Just so you know where I went; ‘gone home’.
d1042, Posts are too witty and your interests too high to be coming to a near close. Hope we have more exchanges, agreements and disagreements, to look forward to!

d1042, Posts are too witty and your interests too high to be coming to a near close. Hope we have more exchanges, agreements and disagreements, to look forward to!
The choice appears to be not something I have much say in. I am fighting for a bit more time, get my kids squared away and tidying up things, but hopefully the treatments will get me some more debate time. If it’s not TD Jesus, well it’s my real Lord and Savior, Jesus. I am fighting tho- and I am part Irish!

The choice appears to be not something I have much say in. I am fighting for a bit more time, get my kids squared away and tidying up things, but hopefully the treatments will get me some more debate time. If it’s not TD Jesus, well it’s my real Lord and Savior, Jesus. I am fighting tho- and I am part Irish!
Will light a candle and send a prayer your way. I believe we can be at peace and welcome eternal salvation, while fighting like hell for More time with friends and loved ones. Sounds like you are up for both, and I look forward to seeing many more posts.

Will light a candle and send a prayer your way. I believe we can be at peace and welcome eternal salvation, while fighting like hell for More time with friends and loved ones. Sounds like you are up for both, and I look forward to seeing many more posts.
thank you for that, either way, there have been some good chaps here that have made the good far greater than the contentious times. Thank you for your kind reply.

Anyone know what happened to this poster? He responded to a post, "Your Happiest Moment in ND Football History" a few years ago. I was moved by his response and kept it. Here it is:

So many great memories for me.....

So many great games mentioned throughout this thread and, having now reviewed the entire thread twice, I realize that I've seen almost every single one of them. I've also been privileged to witness impressive Irish victories in places like The Big House, The LA Coliseum, Beaver Stadium, and Spartan Stadium. And, Schadenfreude, I was also there when Desmond made his great catch against ND (a great call by Gary Moeller.)

Despite all that, my happiest ND moments were the last games I was able to watch with my Father. I was with him (with Mom and a buddy) to see ND beat Pittsburgh in 2002, and was able to watch a videotape of ND vs Stanford with him in 2003.

Dad died this past year, and while I miss him every day, I especially miss him on ND Saturdays. No matter what happens with the Irish from now until the end of time, I'll always be happiest to say that the last games that Dad and I saw together were Irish victories. I'll never forget the twinkle in his eyes on those days.

Thanks for letting me share that.

Go Irish.
I remember that post and that poster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT