ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Intel from the Under Armour Next Camp in Columbus

KyleKellyND

Recruiting Reporter
Staff
Mar 4, 2022
Chicago, Illinois
kylemichaelkelly.wixsite.com
Today at Fortress Obetz, there were several Notre Dame recruiting targets and prospects on hand. Here’s an update on the recruitments of nine players that I talked with about their interest in the Irish.

Siereveld told me that Notre Dame is “definitely in the running” and that he’ll be up to watch spring practice on April 2. He also said he “loves” Harry Hiestand and has had several Zoom meetings to talk about fundamentals and what ND has to offer.

Hartford is fresh off his ND visit and the Irish have positioned themselves well. Hartford told me he has been talking with Marcus Freeman, Chris O’Leary and Chad Bowden. Hartford called Notre Dame a “high-energy, high-knowledge team.” The buzz around camp was Ohio State is not a lock for Hartford and Notre Dame is in a good spot.

ND is basically out of the running for Thompson. I’m under the impression that Mike Elston was who drove Thompson’s recruitment at Notre Dame. And once Elston left for Michigan, the Irish cooled on him.

Burgess is trending toward a Notre Dame offer. In January, Brian Mason visited his high school and said Burgess was a guy that they were evaluating. The 2023 OL is hoping things pick up with an offer and another trip to his school in April.

Davis-Swain was offered on Thursday as a part of Notre Dame’s “Pot of Gold” day. Al Washington made a great first impression on him and he’s eyeing a visit this spring.

Speaking of visits, Marsh is visiting Notre Dame on Saturday, March 26. He had an impressive day at camp and was recognized afterward. He spoke highly of Chansi Stuckey and is most excited to build on his relationship with the new ND receivers coach during his visit. Marsh said, “Notre Dame is definitely one of my top schools.”

Carr and Marsh were one of the most impressive duos from today’s camp. Carr is high on Notre Dame and said his relationship with Tommy Rees is among the best. He said that he has resonated with Rees and also gave a great review of Freeman. This is shaping up to be a battle between Notre Dame and Michigan.

Ryan Pellum came in from Long Beach, Calif., for today’s camp. He hasn’t heard from Notre Dame in a few months and is hoping to get back in-touch soon. Because he’s a high school sophomore, the coaches are not permitted to reach out to players directly. With that said, Pellum is considering taking it upon himself to reignite his relationship with the Irish.

Montgomery had a great visit to Notre Dame yesterday. He sat in on the quarterback meetings with Rees and the four QBs. This is the first time he’s done that on a visit and it made a strong impression on him. Montgomery also raved about Freeman and his family loves the Notre Dame head coach. ND is in a good spot here early.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News