ADVERTISEMENT

if your bored and looking for something to watch

coolirish9

Posts Like A Champion
Jun 7, 2011
I just recently found a couple of old irish classic football games that were just uploaded to youtube.com within the last few months. one of them is the 73 title game vs bama which is one of the greatest bowl games ever played and then the second one is the 74 orange bowl vs bama where our irish upset number one bama in ara's last game of coaching our irish. there have been highlights of these games uploaded to youtube in the past but not full games until now. always wanted to watch the 73 for the first time and now I've gotten to do so

Last edited:
I just recently found a couple of old irish classic football games that were just uploaded to youtube,com within the last few months. one of them is the 73 title game vs bama which is one of the greatest bowl games ever played and then the second one is the 74 orange bowl vs bama where our irish upset number one bama in ara's last game of coaching our irish. there have been highlights of these games uploaded to youtube in the past but not full games until now. always wanted to watch the 73 for the first time and now I've gotten to do so

Awesome! I was able to watch the "Green Machine" 1977 classic off youtube on my tv. It was great to see. I encourage folks to watch that game and pay attention to the hitting. We made a number of major errors in that game, but it didn't matter because we physically beat the ever living crap out of southern cal.

Reactions: Classic Irish
while watching the 74 orange bowl game vs bama I was thinking how crazy it was that bama was so near unbeatable from the mid 60s and through the 70s under coach Bryant during the regular sesaons but yet they couldn't win a bowl game to save there lives until the late 70s. our irish gave bama there 8th straight bowl loss at the 74 orange bowl

I think the 73 Sugar Bowl was about the perfect College Football Game. It had everything you could ever ask for- two legendary coaches and universities going all out and it coming down basically to the final play. Back and forth and competitive to the very end.

Reactions: echowaker
I agree with you onlyonenow about the 73 sugar bowl. it's one of the top 5 greatest bowl games ever for me. bama fans had to want to come up to south bend and burn down the campus after ara stopped them two years in a row from winning the title

I liker to watch highlights. BC game at Chestnut Hill when the Irish stopped Mike McCloud at the goal line four straight times to win the game.A young Urban Meyer cheering on the sidelines as an assistant to Bob Davie. Irish stand against Lane and the Trojans that propelled them to the BCS title game. The Stanford goal line stand. The Orange Bowl win vs Colorado when Tony Rice and the Irish ran something like 7 plus minutes off the clock, all on running plays, ending with a TD to seal the game. The '73 Sugar for sure. I could spend all night between youtube and my tape collection watching this stuff.

I have watched a ton of 'old' games on YouTube. Will link a few here that I have found through the years.

ND vs MSU 1966 Game of the Century, full game (will change to color during the game)

ND vs Georgia 1981 Sugar Bowl

ND vs Bama 1973 Sugar Bowl

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT