ADVERTISEMENT

I have to admit... our lack of recruits is surprising me

^ like Gene Chizek? was TE'O great before Kelly?
Was Roger Stauback great or did the NAvy coach make him great?
Was Jim Brown greater because of Swartzwalder or did we know of Swatzwalk because if JB?
.... Great players bring more attention to the coach; coaches rarely result in making a player 'great'.
Look at UF and those system QB's. They were not great players and out of the system they were exposed as such.
To decide who was more important the great player or the coach, you need to differentiate the truly great player!

^ like Gene Chizek? was TE'O great before Kelly?
Was Roger Stauback great or did the NAvy coach make him great?
Was Jim Brown greater because of Swartzwalder or did we know of Swatzwalk because if JB?
.... Great players bring more attention to the coach; coaches rarely result in making a player 'great'.
Look at UF and those system QB's. They were not great players and out of the system they were exposed as such.
To decide who was more important the great player or the coach, you need to differentiate the truly great player!
Really, Tebow is arguably one of the greatest college QB of all time.

No Te'o wasn't great before Kelly/Diaco. He was one of many great HS players. Some become great college players, some don't. You cannot say that Jim Brown would have been great if he had gone somewhere else. Maybe he goes to a big time school and sits behind other RB and never realizes his potential.

Really, Tebow is arguably one of the greatest college QB of all time.

No Te'o wasn't great before Kelly/Diaco. He was one of many great HS players. Some become great college players, some don't. You cannot say that Jim Brown would have been great if he had gone somewhere else. Maybe he goes to a big time school and sits behind other RB and never realizes his potential.

Umm, Jim Brown was a freak - I bet my farm plus wife and two kids - he would of been GREAT where ever and for whomever he ended up playing for. And would of been on the field playing just the same where ever he went. When your Great your Great. And Great players make coaches look extra good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT