Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Starkey

All Star
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2013
Ohio
Hi Everyone,

Last week, there were many of you who asked about how you could help Cheta. A few of us got together and came up with a plan that is simple, and would help him get what he needs. As you may have read, a few suggested a Go-Fund-Me page, but he didn't want anything like that. I spoke to him on Saturday, and told him that a lot of people had asked me how to help, and that I wasn't going to say no to them anymore, so if they offered - I was going to accept on his behalf. He was fine with this.

Before I get into what to do, I'd like to give just a little background on his situation. Cheta has been taking care of his 11 year old grandson since the death of his mother when he was 9 months old. At the time he was working, but soon found out that taking care of a baby and work didn't mix, and he wanted to be there all the time for his grandson - so he retired earlier than he wanted to. Cheats also has a chronic back problem that he needs meds for, and with the situation he is in, he's not only given up the internet, but his medication and many other things that we take for granted.

Finding a way to help just isn't my idea. Like I mentioned earlier it was a group discussion, and I just happen to be the one posting the thread. Here's how to help if you so wish.

Send a Walmart gift card or a Visa gift card only in no larger than a letter sized envelop to this address.

Grandpa Cheta
P.O. Box 876
Sylvania, Ohio 43560

The cards that are collected will then be forwarded on to his home. The plan is to not open the envelops - we will just put them in a box - so if you wish to write a note along with the card please feel free to do so. Also, if you'd like to stay anonymous please do not put a return address on your envelop.
We're more than just ND fans on this board. We are a community of good people who happened to be touched by some old guy living out in the desert.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions. Or, feel free to ask those same questions to -
@unclemikey , @SDS123 , @smcnd or @IrishinFLA1

WE WILL KEEP THIS THREAD UP FOR 2 WEEKS

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News