ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Going in-depth with Notre Dame's Blue-Gold Game visitors (and other recent visitors)

Tyler James

I've posted how many times?
Staff
Dec 31, 2021
Now that we're back from the Cincinnati Rivals Camp, @Charleston Bowles and I are getting a chance to get on the phone with some of the recruits who visited Notre Dame for the Blue-Gold Game and earlier in the week.

We'll post some notes on those recruits in this thread.

I just got off the phone four-star DE TJ Lindsey. The 2024 target from Arkansas made his return to Notre Dame late Friday night for the first time since July.

The highlight of his visit was getting to see defensive line coach Al Washington in action.

"Me and Coach Wash, we've been talking for almost a year now," Lindsey said. "Our relationship is way deeper than football. I just feel like we have that type of bond. That's somebody you'd definitely want to play for. He's just a legendary coach as is. He's a really good D-line coach, one of the best in the game."

Lindsey was impressed by the defensive line performance during the scrimmage. Vyper end Jordan Botelho stuck out to him especially.

"I liked what I saw," Lindsey said. "They were definitely physical, fitting gaps, making plays, causing plays."

Notre Dame is recruiting Lindsey as a field end early in his career with the potential to move inside to defensive tackle sooner rather than later.

Lindsey has been busy on the recruiting trail and that will continue. He plans to visit Oregon this week and has visits scheduled to Auburn, Georgia and Miami in the first couple weeks of May.

He plans to take five official visits in June. So far he's picked Auburn (2-4), Texas A&M (16-18) and Texas (23-25). He said there's about four or five schools in contention for those other two official visits, but he didn't want to name them.

What was his feeling about Notre Dame after leaving campus?

"It's still good. They're still on my list right now. I'm going to cut it to a top 10, and I have a couple more visits. It's getting tougher as I go on. They definitely have a chance to still be on the list, but we'll see though."

Lindsey hopes to make a commitment decision by sometime early in his senior season.

Photo credit: Jeff Douglas, Inside ND Sports

TJ Lindsey Site.jpg

Reactions: GCND and HotCarNut
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News