ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman is an idiot

Personally, I would have called that time out with about 20 seconds left, but what cost them 4 points was a ticky-tacky offensive pass interference call.

The game is not in question—it doesn’t matter. I don’t think Pittsburgh could even score 17 points over two games outside of any garbage time points that they may collect.

Agree. Bad call. It’s not like we are playing USC. Pitt cannot move the ball what are you so afraid of that you need to bleed the clock that far? It’s not about this game. It’s about future games. He has to do better. That would cost us a real game.

He is an idiot who led us to a blowout win over USC and a 51 point win today. He's learning on the job; but I'd call that progress.
Sending out 10 on defense after a timeout against Ohio St. will have residual effects.

Agree. Bad call. It’s not like we are playing USC. Pitt cannot move the ball what are you so afraid of that you need to bleed the clock that far? It’s not about this game. It’s about future games. He has to do better. That would cost us a real game.
You are way way too dramatic. Don’t be a drama Queen

Reactions: BGI User 756
Why the hell is he letting the clock run down at 12 seconds. Just cost them four points
Not an idiot. Not close. Freeman trying to show his coaching chops and it backfired cause as Jason Garett smartly said if u get a penalty you are not leaving enough time on the clock. So yeah, another mistake from freeman another learn on the job. I’m very happy with his job overall and he craps on Kelly

It was a weird decision, but the only really bad one I recall. Overall ND played extremely well, including the coaching and play calling. Regardless, calling Freeman an idiot?

Come on, that's pretty extreme and unwarranted. Freeman all in all seems back on track.

Remember, there are still 3 games to play. If ND runs the table, it's a pretty good showing. Especially for year 2 Freeman.

I would not say idiot, I would say mistake. It’s the right call against OSU or if you have not been able to stop them.

But they were pathetic so he just over thought it a bit. Might come in handy down the road as a learning experience. Pitt also gets the ball second half so they are not going to be stupid.

We have a young coach, he learns and corrects. That’s all we can ask.

Not if you want to play in the big leagues.

Stop being an apologist

“Clock management“ is a critical element in coaching.

How many mistakes are you willing to accept ?
Pat- he had a decision to make, a strategy to decide on.

In hindsight, he made the wrong one. It had minimal effect on the games outcome.

Let’s not over think this one and make it bigger than it is.

Reactions: theskibro and d1042
Not if you want to play in the big leagues.

Stop being an apologist

“Clock management“ is a critical element in coaching.

How many mistakes are you willing to accept ?
Nfl coaches make mistakes all the time

That's an idiotic point.

Bk made plenty of these type of mistakes and he was here 12 years

That's an idiotic point.

When you send out 10 players on defense against Ohio St., and this was after a timeout, in a critical juncture of the game, expect criticism of Marcus Freeman after watching the end of the first half yesterday.

When you send out 10 players on defense against Ohio St., and this was after a timeout, in a critical juncture of the game, expect criticism of Marcus Freeman after watching the end of the first half yesterday.
I dont mind the criticism. It was deserved. Just pointing out how all other coaches make plenty of mistakes as well.

I've seen Belichick make some head scratching decisions

I dont mind the criticism. It was deserved. Just pointing out how all other coaches make plenty of mistakes as well.

When you have won 7 Super Bowls, and have coached in the NFL for 40 years, and you are 72-years-old, certainly you can find mistakes.

When you have won 7 Super Bowls, and have coached in the NFL for 40 years, and you are 72-years-old, certainly you can find mistakes.
Oh God you are almost as bad as Patty

You realize that was just one example to make a point that even the best makes mistakes

My God dude

Reactions: NDinNJ
Coaches make mistakes. Saban and Belicheck have made mistakes. Plenty of great coaches have made mistakes with clock management.

The issue I'm finding with this forum is there are some on here that expect perfection. Their belief is ND should win every play, every down, score on every possession, and the defense should force 3 and outs on each series. When this doesn't happen it's a complete melt down. It's hilarious reading some of the posts in the game thread.

It was a weird decision, but the only really bad one I recall. Overall ND played extremely well, including the coaching and play calling. Regardless, calling Freeman an idiot?

Come on, that's pretty extreme and unwarranted. Freeman all in all seems back on track.

Remember, there are still 3 games to play. If ND runs the table, it's a pretty good showing. Especially for year 2 Freeman.
It wasn't that weird it was just 10 seconds off. I had not really thought it out before that. You should call timeout with 20 seconds left in that spot so you can make use of an automatic first down if it happens.

Coaches make mistakes. Saban and Belicheck have made mistakes. Plenty of great coaches have made mistakes with clock management.

The issue I'm finding with this forum is there are some on here that expect perfection. Their belief is ND should win every play, every down, score on every possession, and the defense should force 3 and outs on each series. When this doesn't happen it's a complete melt down. It's hilarious reading some of the posts in the game thread.
Exactly

Saban hired TR

I haven’t noticed.

That's an idiotic point.

That's an idiotic point.

Brian Kelly is irrelevant in this discussion

The point is only idiotic if you know very little about football.

NFL “coaches” is plural, we’re talking about one coach, one coach who has made a number of mistakes, including two that probably lost the OSU game.

‘’I like MF and hope he succeeds, but you can’t be prone to serial mistakes and be successful.

That’s because you’re not very knowledgeable about football and the great majority of Belichick’s decision are so far over your head.

Name the other coaches who “make PLENTY of mistakes”, especially mistakes that are game altering.

Oh God you are almost as bad as Patty

You realize that was just one example to make a point that even the best makes mistakes

My God dude
When you’re challenged about a statement you’ve made or when you are proven wrong, which is often, you always resort to deflection rather than addressing the issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT