ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting First Notre Dame visit an eye-opener for 2025 safety target JaDon Blair

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

After picking up an offer in the spring, Notre Dame 2025 safety target JaDon Blair made his way up for a campus visit this weekend. Blair actually told me he was on site inside Notre Dame Stadium on Saturday for Notre Dame's practice.

Safeties coach Chris O'Leary told Blair at the beginning of his trip he sees similarities between his game and Kyle Hamilton's. At 6-foot-4, 180-pounds, Blair is taller than ordinary safeties. He looked thin up close on Sunday morning but he's only entering his junior season and has ample time to add weight.

Blair said the visit was a great introduction to the university. He learned a lot about the football tradition but also the academic prestige he'd heard about Notre Dame from afar.

"Notre Dame was amazing," Blair told Inside ND Sports. "Getting to view the facilities and the campus a little bit and see the competitive nature of Notre Dame and see what they have to offer."

The Winston-Salem (N.C.) Mount Tabor product said director of recruiting Chad Bowden had an excellent slate of competitions, games and different events to help each recruit bond with one another and the Irish coaching staff.

One of the recruits Blair said he connected with was 2025 safety target Ethan Long. Blair said the two met briefly at Wake Forest earlier this year but really spent their first actual time with each other on Sunday.

"I can just feel like [a] connection between me [and] him and like in our games is similar,' Blair said. "Me and Ethan, I feel we could be really good together and just talking to him, he's my dude. I feel comfortable talking to him and discussing things."

Although he's only made one visit, Blair said the Irish uniform felt different than others he's put on.

"It was something special I got to do because not everybody gets to do that," Blair said. "Not everybody's in the situation that you're in. I felt very blessed to be able to do that. I could feel it when I walked onto the field and the uniform I could feel the atmosphere [and] the crowd, even though there wasn't anybody there. I could just feel the energy."

Blair holds 15 total offers including Notre Dame, Louisville, Miami (Fla.), Maryland, Penn State, Virginia Tech and West Virginia. He told me he's setting up a date now to return for a game this fall.

Link to full story:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News