ADVERTISEMENT

First and only night game at ND this year....

Harpo Marxist

I've posted how many times?
Sep 11, 2002
I'm making a first night game this upcoming season at ND (fwiw, USC)....(and likely my last game visit to ND overall). What I need to know from the informed is...what is different i.e. venues to visit (restaurants, etc...) than the mid day and afternoon games? Parking issues? Any tips from the board on this, since kick off will be so much later? Driving out after the game...no hotel stay. Thanks for insights.

Sunny Italy and/Rocco’s pizza
Parking is a real bitch and $$$, Holy Cross or Saint Mary’s College are fairly easy in and outs.
Not much to see in South Bend.

I'm making a first night game this upcoming season at ND (fwiw, USC)....(and likely my last game visit to ND overall). What I need to know from the informed is...what is different i.e. venues to visit (restaurants, etc...) than the mid day and afternoon games? Parking issues? Any tips from the board on this, since kick off will be so much later? Driving out after the game...no hotel stay. Thanks for insights.
Seriously? Spend the weekend and enjoy. Agree sunny Italy is special with tradition

Reactions: Patrirish
Sunny Italy and/Rocco’s pizza
Parking is a real bitch and $$$, Holy Cross or Saint Mary’s College are fairly easy in and outs.
Not much to see in South Bend.
I always liked Sunny Italy, nice people and good food, but I haven’t been there recently

Seriously? Spend the weekend and enjoy. Agree sunny Italy is special with tradition
I've been to several early games.....(always a Duke type of opponent). I live a couple hours way...so not staying. My biggest concern was parking till midnight (where)?.....and best place to eat in conjuction with mingling with the tailgaters....which btw has been almost as much fun as the games...

You could always park at Eddy Street Commons or one of the private houses behind there. Parisi's Italian Restaurant used to have parking as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT