ADVERTISEMENT

Fighting Kelly’s of LSU

So BK with more talent, no recruiting restrictions still consistently losses to equal or better opp's considered me shocked.
LSU beat Alabama last season.

And frankly, not having Kelly and Tommy Rees shows watching the Notre Dame offense.

Reactions: domerjake
Yup so his record is now 2-7 vs teams with equal or greater talent. Beat Bama, Missouri lost to Tenn, A&M, Georgia Fsu twice, Bama, Ole Miss. Things that make you go hmmm.
And Dabo has multiple losses this season to teams that have lesser talent.

So what.

And Dabo has multiple losses this season to teams that have lesser talent.

So what.
Dabo lost to #4 FSU on a last second missed Fg, lost a close game to a legit Duke on the road, & losted in OT to Miami on the road. Nc State was the only stinker. Its amazing what happens to your record when you have to play good teams.

Kelly has equal talent to Alabama now?

2023 Team Talent Composite Ranking (basically stacks up every team's 85 man roster and ranks those teams based on the recruiting and transfer rankings of each player):
  • LSU #7 (90.73 avg)
  • Alabama #1 (94.49 avg)
Alabama has way more talent than LSU. Brian Kelly has to do a better job going forward to bridge that talent gap, but as of right now, these rosters aren't even on the same planet. Sadly, Notre Dame is down at #11.

Last edited:
Dabo lost to #4 FSU on a last second missed Fg, lost a close game to a legit Duke on the road, & losted in OT to Miami on the road. Nc State was the only stinker. Its amazing what happens to your record when you have to play good teams.
i would much rather have Brian Kelly and Tommy Rees running the Notre Dame offense than Freeman/Parker. Not even close.

You can spin 44-6 to 15-8 any way you wish.

Kelly has equal talent to Alabama now?

2023 Team Talent Composite Ranking (basically stacks up every team's 85 man roster and ranks those teams based on the recruiting rankings of each player):
  • LSU #7 (90.73 avg)
  • Alabama #1 (94.49 avg)
Lol reread what I said sport. I said equal or better opp's & BK is now 2-7 & thats counting Missouri. He has had 2 years with zero recruting restrictions, 110% admin support & never had to take an OC he didnt hire or have his admin screw up a coaching hire.

i would much rather have Brian Kelly and Tommy Rees running the Notre Dame offense than Freeman/Parker. Not even close.

Bet Tyler was saying the same win Dabo lost 11 games in his first two years at the helm. BK left, ND didn’t can him so why compare? Still waiting to hear what BK left at the positions mentioned, you know staying on topic, reading comprehension

Reactions: futuredomer

please, Kelly loses to OSU, USC, Louisville, Clemson, and possibly duke this year. Big game Brian can't win big games in prime time. facts are facts.

Lol reread what I said sport. I said equal or better opp's & BK is now 2-7 & thats counting Missouri. He has had 2 years with zero recruting restrictions, 110% admin support & never had to take an OC he didnt hire or have his admin screw up a coaching hire.
He hasn’t had two years, he’s not even done his second season yet. He arrived at LSU with a decimated roster, did you not read about the way Orgeron left the program. LSU only had 50 some players on the roster. He built depth through tons of transfers, and he’s had one full recruiting class arrive.

Dude, I get it, you don’t like him, he’s not my favorite either but have some perspective.

He hasn’t had two years, he’s not even done his second season yet. He arrived at LSU with a decimated roster, did you not read about the way Orgeron left the program. LSU only had 50 some players on the roster. He built depth through tons of transfers, and he’s had one full recruiting class arrive.

Dude, I get it, you don’t like him, he’s not my favorite either but have some perspective.
Lol LSU had the #3 class in 2019, #4 in 2020, #4 in 2021. 2022 was #15 and currently at #11. Tell me again how BK didnt have talent to work with.

Lol LSU had the #3 class in 2019, #4 in 2020, #4 in 2021. 2022 was #15 and currently at #11. Tell me again how BK didnt have talent to work with.
add in being able to bring in a host of transfers via the transfer portal. It was his team
in year 1.

Reactions: futuredomer
please, Kelly loses to OSU, USC, Louisville, Clemson, and possibly duke this year. Big game Brian can't win big games in prime time. facts are facts.
44-6 to 15-8.

Marcus can't win enough games to play in big games.

And you know this how ?

I mean I get it----- you're the smartest person on the board but even you have to deal in facts to a degree.

Here are the facts as I see them. Our current HC in 2 dozen games has now lost 3 times to teams he was better than. That isn't acceptable at Montclair State let alone Notre Dame.

But Coach Freeman IMO isn't completely at fault here. Jack got talked into hiring him likely by Coach's agent who he knows through the world they live in. I blame Jack more than anyone for believing that a guy who had never been a HC could succeed here. It has shown itself to be such a flawed decision.

Marcus Freeman may become a good HC one day but he should be ironing out the kinks in his game at Miami of Ohio , Colorado State or East Carolina not Notre Dame.

Reactions: tbonesays
I don’t really get the BK love here. In 10 years he NEVER won a championship. In 10 years he had numerous beat downs. He had a pathetic record when playing ranked teams. He had some of the weakest schedules in the history of ND coaching including 2021 going 11-1 by loosing bad to the only ranked team they played at home.

He had a kid die on his watch. He vacated 2 years of wins. In his first 4 seasons he was 16/15. Y5, 24-20 and by Y7 climbed to an amazing 38/31. His final record is 92/40, not some amazing cherry picked last 4 years.

He is 16-7 at LSU. Freeman has a better first year record. Freeman will have a better y1, y2 and at least the same bowl record with a loss and better with a win.

He seems to be recruiting better as well.

His schedule the first two years is much tougher that BK’s y1 and y2.

So if we really compare, MF is well ahead of BK.

Now, does he have to fix this offense? Yea, he does. That comes with his 2nd year of recruiting and some portal adds.

We knew there would be some growing pains, but at least we don’t have BK.

Reactions: NDinNJ
And you know this how ?

I mean I get it----- you're the smartest person on the board but even you have to deal in facts to a degree.

Here are the facts as I see them. Our current HC in 2 dozen games has now lost 3 times to teams he was better than. That isn't acceptable at Montclair State let alone Notre Dame.

But Coach Freeman IMO isn't completely at fault here. Jack got talked into hiring him likely by Coach's agent who he knows through the world they live in. I blame Jack more than anyone for believing that a guy who had never been a HC could succeed here. It has shown itself to be such a flawed decision.

Marcus Freeman may become a good HC one day but he should be ironing out the kinks in his game at Miami of Ohio , Colorado State or East Carolina not Notre Dame.
Oh and Kelly 2.0 never shit the bed between 2017 and 2021?
The Miami, Michigan and Stanford debacles all come to mind, but yea let's just forget those melt downs. In those games the team was unprepared and the game plan was atrocious in that Michigan game. Let's throw it 50 times in a monsoon.

Then there's the 2 score loss at HOME to the 2 and 3 star roster of UC in 2021 which left ND out of the CFP.
This from a head coach with 30+ years of head coaching experience.

I'll say it again as I've said before. Kelly won't get 12 years at LSU. His seats already getting warm. If he fails to win the conference and win a playoff game next season, the seat will get very hot for him.

Marcus Freeman was named head coach before the NY6 Oklahoma State game, a game Notre Dame lost.

Who takes credit for that loss? Let me guess, Brian Kelly?
It doesn't matter. It's irrelevant.

I just know his record is 16 and 7. Which isn't good enough

It doesn't matter. It's irrelevant.

I just know his record is 16 and 7. Which isn't good enough
Of course it's irrelevant.

Marcus Freeman, as the Notre Dame head coach, lost the Oklahoma State game.

Of course it's irrelevant.

Marcus Freeman, as the Notre Dame head coach, lost the Oklahoma State game.
Sure lol. 3 weeks of preperation without a full coaching staff. While you are finishing recruiting. With coaches you didn't hire. Against a top 10 team.

Yeah that loss is on him lol

Reactions: ftnfan62
Ironically if MF took BKs offer of DC they might be #1 with better talent and a better D scheme. So he should go there now and we will take Urban Meyer. Win. Win.

Sure lol. 3 weeks of preperation without a full coaching staff. While you are finishing recruiting. With coaches you didn't hire. Against a top 10 team.

Yeah that loss is on him lol
Who else is responsible ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT