ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Emerging 2025 RB Justin Thurman feeling 'blessed' after Notre Dame offer

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

I just got off the phone with Notre Dame 2025 running back target Justin Thurman. The Irish extended an offer last Thursday. Thurman spoke with running backs coach Deland McCullough over the phone.

"I was excited and blessed to have the opportunity to play at the University of Notre Dame," Thurman told Inside ND Sports. "He went into conversation about his philosophy and how they run the program there and how he, as a running back coach, runs the running back group."

The 5-foot-11, 183-pound running back attends Tampa (Fla.) Jesuit and had 19 carries for 169 rushing yards and two touchdowns as a sophomore.

Thurman said McCullough's NFL experience is something that stands out about Notre Dame early in the process.

"I would say that's definitely a great part of Coach McCullough," Thurman said. "Being that he has that experience and has that background being in the NFL, overall I think it benefits the players. They're able to learn from his experiences so that they can put themselves in the best position for success."

Thurman hasn't met head coach Marcus Freeman but believes he has the Irish moving in the right direction and said being able to relate to a coach from the same ethnic background is crucial. He also mentioned academics as a priority during his recruitment.

"They're very important in the process," Thurman said. "That's one thing I pride myself on is having high academics and keeping my grades up ... showcasing I'm a guy who can not only perform on the field but also in the classroom too."

Although Rivals has not assigned Thurman a rating or ranking at this time, he holds 11 offers including Notre Dame, Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Kansas State and Tennessee.

He visited Kansas this past weekend and plans to visit Notre Dame for the first time on June 15 for camp.

Link to full story:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News