ADVERTISEMENT

Elijah Rushing

Oregon also has about a 0% chance of ever doing anything important in football again. They’re like Oklahoma. They’re joining a conference that will have 4-5 teams that are always significantly better than they are.
Many talented 17/18-year-old football players disagree.

Reactions: Golson5
They have for a decade and Oregon hasn’t done squat.
Well, winning two NY6 games, namely the Rose Bowl, in the time frame you mentioned, beats anything Notre Dame has done, not to mention 2 other recent title game appearances.

Are you referring to their impressive 4-3 season where they somehow got invited to the Fiesta Bowl and then got bent over by Iowa State 34-17?

Oregon sucks donkey d.

We’ve also made the title game more recently and made the playoffs twice. Had we sucked and ended up in a bowl game we’d probably have two under our belt.

Go root for the Ducks.
Oregon has been a PITA to USC in the PAC 12 for twelve years or so now, nothing could make me happier. And in a state that produces zero HS football talent.

If you are west coast guy like me who despises USC Football, all I have to say is keep on keeping on.

Uncle Phil.

Oregon is a very good football program. Top 15 program over the last 20 years. And they can be a team that conpetea for a Title in the future

Really strong program

• Haha
Reactions: Telx1 and IrishBeer
17-18 year olds could not care less about 1988.
I agree. 76 HS grad. ARMY had unbelievable teams in the 40's. I have no recollection of ARMY being great. Great respect for the academy, but I have no memory of ARMY being good.

I agree. 76 HS grad. ARMY had unbelievable teams in the 40's. I have no recollection of ARMY being great. Great respect for the academy, but I have no memory of ARMY being good.

I am way younger than you (wasn’t even born until after you would’ve been long done with college) and ND has been relevant my entire life. Perhaps they don’t care about 1988, but they do consider ND relevant. This is evidenced by our top ranked recruiting classes under Weis, BK and Freeman, despite our academic requirements, horrible weather, horrible location, and unwillingness to participate in NIL.

There are over 10 million ND fans, it dominates the TV and media discussions, it is an iconic brand with movies and films made after it, it’s well known in every corner and pocket of the country with rabid fans, and we’ve been to a national championship game, a Heisman candidate, two playoff games, and several top 10 team finishes. It is known for its elite academics, uniforms, famous alumni, extreme wealth, and sure, rich history. I have no idea how anyone makes the argument that ND isn’t relevant. I get why a kid picks Bama, Georgia, Ohio State over ND. After that, it’s a steep drop off and nobody is better than ND, unless they’re dropping bags (which is a valid argument).

Maybe you’re not saying ND is not iconic to kids. I agree they don’t care much about 1988, but there’s a reason why so many 5 star recruits put ND in their top 5 and hat picks.

Reports that visit didn’t go well. Ive never heard of a visit not going well. Sounds weird.

Read it yourself
I read the real report. Not another internet message board site. Thats not the report. That is a message board

I read the real report. Not another internet message board site. Thats not the report. That is a message board

It’s many secondary sources not from just one insiders take. They can’t all be wrong.

Sounds like he didn’t fit with the crew.

Bottom line. Lots of conflicting information generally is not great news.

Some sites are just going to be wrong on this one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT