ADVERTISEMENT

Dexter Williams will step up.....

Seems to have a good feel for turning up-field. Some guys never figure that out..
Bingo. Good call. I wonder if Carlisle will possibly be another RB option. Folston and Prosise are solid. I think Prosise is over 220.... I worry about depth at qb, rb and lack of TE receptions......among other stuff. We're vulnerable if Zaire or one of our backs get hurt.

NEXT MAN IN!!!!

Interestingly, if you go to the USPTO site you will see that enterprising "Brian Kelly" trademarked that phrase and abandoned it.

Word Mark NEXT MAN IN

Goods and Services
(ABANDONED) IC 006. US 002 012 013 014 023 025 050. G & S: metal key chains; metal novelty license plates; and non-luminous, non-mechanical metal signs
(ABANDONED) IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: mouse pads; decorative magnets; and sunglasses

(ABANDONED) IC 014. US 002 027 028 050. G & S: clocks; watches; jewelry, namely, rings, ornamental lapel rings, tie tacks, bracelets, necklaces, and earrings

(ABANDONED) IC 016. US 002 005 022 023 029 037 038 050. G & S: folders; notebooks; notepads; pencils; ballpoint pens; decals; stickers; bumper stickers; envelopes; greeting cards; posters; postcards; letterhead stationery; wrapping paper; paper weights; paper flags; and paper pennants

(ABANDONED) IC 020. US 002 013 022 025 032 050. G & S: wooden signs; non-metal key chains and key rings; stadium cushions; non-metal novelty license plates

(ABANDONED) IC 021. US 002 013 023 029 030 033 040 050. G & S: cups; drinking glasses; shot glasses; plastic water bottles sold empty; thermal insulated beverage containers; and bowls

(ABANDONED) IC 024. US 042 050. G & S: cloth banners; cloth flags; and towels

(ABANDONED) IC 027. US 019 020 037 042 050. G & S: floor mats; carpets; rugs

Standard Characters Claimed

Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code
(4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 85433150
Filing Date September 27, 2011
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Published for Opposition February 7, 2012
Owner (APPLICANT) Brian Kelly Enterprises, LLC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY INDIANA P.O. Box 686 Notre Dame INDIANA 465560686
Attorney of Record Carrie A. Johnson
Prior Registrations 3909104
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator DEAD
Abandonment Date June 1, 2012

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=searchss&state=4805:3olxkx.1.1

"Next man in" is a catch phrase that doesn't mean too much in the real world IMHO. In some situations, the next guy in may not have the physical abilities or experience as the front runner. The staff just can't wave a magic wand over the next guy in and proclaim him ready and able. This is indeed the case at QB. If MZ has any lost time at all, this offense is screwed. I don't think the RB situation is as critical as the QB and TE positions. What happened at OSU last season at QB is not the rule, but a huge exception. It has caused unrealistic expectations at programs around the country if a key starter goes down.

"Next man in" is a catch phrase that doesn't mean too much in the real world IMHO. In some situations, the next guy in may not have the physical abilities or experience as the front runner. The staff just can't wave a magic wand over the next guy in and proclaim him ready and able. This is indeed the case at QB. If MZ has any lost time at all, this offense is screwed. I don't think the RB situation is as critical as the QB and TE positions. What happened at OSU last season at QB is not the rule, but a huge exception. It has caused unrealistic expectations at programs around the country if a key starter goes down.
Yep, I'm wondering what kelly was thinking. It's certainly not an original phrase....

Keeping Zaire healthy is critical. We need to get up big in the early games this season to try and build some depth. The backups desperately need real game speed experience. I look forward to seeing Wimbush.

Losing Golson was a massive hit. I still can't believe he's gone after all that time/effort we put in..... fsu hit the jackpot.

PS Strong knows what he's doing and will do everything in his power to knock Zaire out of the Texas game....

"Brian Kelly was asked during a Wednesday press conference which unit’s depth on his Notre Dame squad has pleased him the most. Unprompted, the Irish head coach brought up OSU’s quarterback situation in pumping up his own group of signal-callers, Everett Golson and Malik Zaire.

“At the quarterback position, maybe other than Ohio State, I would take our two quarterbacks,” Kelly said. “And I would take our two over Ohio State’s. In terms of depth, I don’t know if anybody has a better situation than we do in terms of the two quarterbacks we have.”"

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...-irishs-qbs-id-take-our-two-over-ohio-states/

“I feel sorry for Notre Dame,” Cardale Jones replied before quickly laughing it off and saying he was joking."

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...tes-cardale-jones-feels-sorry-for-notre-dame/

Not disagreeing, but even with Zaire healthy he'll still be in his first year starting. Having a running game that can consistently pick up good yardage on first down or convert 3rd and short would take a lot of pressure off Zaire and the inexperienced TE's. The Williams kid can run. But if Folston gets hurt, I don't think we have a running back ready pick up a blitz.

Maybe its just me, but I expect Zaire to need the running game or the defense to share the load in a game or two. IMO, Bryant's disappearance make that a little bit harder.

Not disagreeing, but even with Zaire healthy he'll still be in his first year starting. Having a running game that can consistently pick up good yardage on first down or convert 3rd and short would take a lot of pressure off Zaire and the inexperienced TE's. The Williams kid can run. But if Folston gets hurt, I don't think we have a running back ready pick up a blitz.

Maybe its just me, but I expect Zaire to need the running game or the defense to share the load in a game or two. IMO, Bryant's disappearance make that a little bit harder.

You're spot on. Losing Golson and now Bryant puts us in a difficult bind. We need the FR to step up big.
If Zaire or Folston get dinged we'll be flying by the seat of our pants....

Carlisle? He can't stay healthy at WR let alone RB. The guy is quick but quite fragile. Dexter will be a stud behind the two-headed monter of CJ/Folston.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT