ADVERTISEMENT

Congratas on the Sanford hire

beachcardinal

All Star
Jan 30, 2006
Total home run IMO. Great offensive line. Drilled in the Stanford toughness and the Boise precision. If I were you I would be very , very happy.

Totally agree, this guy is the real deal, awesome hire, now lets get him out on the recruiting trail in your backyard
smile.r191677.gif

I trusted BK to make a solid hire since he's proven that he upgrades when asst. coaches move on. I never understood the chicken little attitude that ND lost their ace recruiter and couldn't possibly replace him. Both Alford and Cooks made sideways moves which tells me that BK was as ready for them to leave as they were - maybe even more so ready. Any coincidence that ND has lacked a running game and consistently got beat on the back-end regularly? And, safety and RB were mad scrambles to recruit late this year and BK was doing the recruiting. WELCOME MIKE SANFORD!

Originally posted by Irish Grandeur:
I trusted BK to make a solid hire since he's proven that he upgrades when asst. coaches move on. I never understood the chicken little attitude that ND lost their ace recruiter and couldn't possibly replace him. Both Alford and Cooks made sideways moves which tells me that BK was as ready for them to leave as they were - maybe even more so ready. Any coincidence that ND has lacked a running game and consistently got beat on the back-end regularly? And, safety and RB were mad scrambles to recruit late this year and BK was doing the recruiting. WELCOME MIKE SANFORD!
Meyer has 3 NC. Stoops has 1. You don't win at the level these guys do without getting talented players AND coaches.

my real hope is that Sanford is Jack hire! that Jack scoured the ranks of young assistants to find that next young coach destined to be the next college Big Time HC name! As a Jack hire he will be thinking long tern.

Originally posted by deadirishpoet:
Agree java

Beach I also believe its a home run as long as coach Kelly does not handcuff him
I now about that from how Sark handcuffs Helton. Hope you have betgter lcuk. (handcuffing him when you play us is totally acceptable.

Originally posted by perseverare:
my real hope is that Sanford is Jack hire! that Jack scoured the ranks of young assistants to find that next young coach destined to be the next college Big Time HC name! As a Jack hire he will be thinking long tern.
So you think the ND AD is hiring OC's for a 3 million dollar coach of the yr -- you are way more stupid then even I gave you credit for and that is huge

Kelly hires a new coach who every one approves of and the resident nit wit tries to discount Kelly's influence in the hire -- you are a COMPLETE SHITHEAD !!!

Beach,

To me this cat has what coach Kelly needs more than any OC on his staff @ ND. I'm not subjesting they were incompidant or didn't know how to run an offense, but Sanford seems like a breath of fresh air.
I didn't feel that way about Chuck Martin and liked him a lot

Maybe coach Kelly played a bigger part on the development and play calling, but I hope with coach Sanford he let's him do what he does

Originally posted by Java65:

Originally posted by Irish Grandeur:
Meyer has 3 NC. Stoops has 1. You don't win at the level these guys do without getting talented players AND coaches.
I agree with you Java. Something wasn't meshing with these guys on the staff and it may well have been BK losing confidence in them. They're both good coaches and I wish them well. Take Ed Warinner for instance, he wasn't producing in BKs system but goes on to help OSU win a NC and lead the nation in rushing (or right up there).

I honestly believe ND has everything in place to compete for NCs if they play the right style of football. NDs performance against LSU took a step in the right direction, IMO, in that they physically imposed their will on LSU. ND won in the trenches and played more physical than one of the most physical teams in the SEC. OSU demoralized Oregon with raw physicality and an offensive line that only had 19 combined starts to start the season (props to Ed Warinner).

Guess what I'm actually hoping for in this hire of Mike Sanford is that BK is looking for someone he can be confident in turning the offensive duties over to and be a head coach. And, I hope he relies on MS to use his experience he gained at Stanford running the ball behind a bunch of road graders HH has built.

continuallyirish posted on 2/13/2015...
So you think the ND AD is hiring OC's for a 3 million dollar coach of the yr -- you are way more stupid then even I gave you credit for and that is huge

Kelly hires a new coach who every one approves of and the resident nit wit tries to discount Kelly's influence in the hire -- you are a COMPLETE SHITHEAD !!!

Lmao this guy Perse gets stranger and stranger if he really thinks the ad made this hire for a coach who has been successful for 30 years he really is insane and should be in a straight jacket
STRAIGHT_JACKET_BOTH.jpg

By evidence of this hire it is clear Brian Kelly is a great coach unafraid to bring in the best people to make ND the best. Moreover, by evidence of this thread it is clear that cgvr is a fraud and perse is plain stupid.

I have a great idea --

ND wins 9 + reg season games and Purse 22 K cant post for 3 months -- if ND wins 8 or less I will leave him alone for a yr ?

Deal ??

This post was edited on 2/14 10:47 AM by continuallyirish

If its a bet like that I think you should put your own posting privileges on the line to be fair.

Please read this post 20 x's and someone tell me that the author is of sound mind and avg intelligence -- Dear God a new bottom has been hit

Grammar non exisitent
Thought process flawed
imagination - dim witted

Here's the juice -- anyone who engages this fool in an attempt at a rational football discussion is sicker than he is - be like seeking pychological counsel from Martini and Billy Babbit https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...tizpT-Rm0Kzqq-W14NnFSoJg&ust=1424015883153074

images

This post was edited on 2/14 11:02 AM by continuallyirish

Originally posted by deadirishpoet:
Beach,

To me this cat has what coach Kelly needs more than any OC on his staff @ ND. I'm not subjesting they were incompidant or didn't know how to run an offense, but Sanford seems like a breath of fresh air.
I didn't feel that way about Chuck Martin and liked him a lot

Maybe coach Kelly played a bigger part on the development and play calling, but I hope with coach Sanford he let's him do what he does
It would sure be good for ND if he did.

this post alone reaffirms the fact that you haven't the slightest idea of how a major college football program operates.

I also believe its a home run as long as coach Kelly does not handcuff him

That is exactly what I am worried about.
This post was edited on 2/15 11:54 AM by G_a_r_y

the problem with Pennick and Echo is they want poster to succumb to their assumed knowledge of football as if they had superior opinion; they don't - they are no smarter nor knowledgeable than any other poster; they get testy when posters take that position. They WANT to be better than everyone else. So sure they will find issue with me; count on it. But one thing : I never stooped to their level of vulgarity. That is the one thing they are good at!

Yes, hope you are right. The first blush of this was of that thought. Regardless of the sophomoric buffoons that denigrate your comments, I agree with much. Guess I've joined you in the zoo. Kelly is preparing to leave, the assistants sense this or have been led to believe that that possibility is real. What is funny is the complete misread on this board of the kind of man Kelly is. Kelly is one pro offer away from leaving. He would have left earlier if Phil. owner offered. Lori is smarter than many think. The next hire has to be someone who loves the school, team and everything it stands for. Not a resume enhancing prima-dona with an eye toward his next career move. Keep up the fight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT