ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Kelly through 2024

I did not see this coming. Brian Kelly’s tenure has been a mixed bag. Some really good games and some really bad games with a few tough losses in between. Also a few difficult off the field problems. I am not a diehard Kelly fan or am I a Kelly hater. Overall , i believe at the very least he’s brought stability to the program and at best he’s brought respect back to the program. I think it took him those first seven years to really grow into the ND coaching position. ND isn’t Cincinnati. After the horrible 2016 season everyone wanted Kelly fired. Who could blame them ? However , to the credit of the administration they took a different stance. The result? 33 and 6 over the next 3 years. More than anything, Kelly finally seems to have a strategy in place on how to operate his program. The Key ? The players have bought in as evidence of the last 3 years. This is a good move to sign the extension. It creates stability and promise of a successful future. That way when the time comes to get a new coach, it will be because the program is successful not because of failure. That way they will attract the very best in coaching. So Kudos to Jack Swarbrick and Fr Jenkins for having the fortitude to do what they feel was right. Go Irish !!

Reactions: Golson5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT