ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Charlie Weis Jr

Wow....bama GA.....impressive. Must be developing into quite a young man. I wish him and his family all the best. One day he might be back at Kansas......or ND.

Go Irish!!!

I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at ND doing some sort of coaching at some point. Good luck to Jr.

Yawn

I saw this too. Why would we care?

Just another privileged kid
Getting what a lot of qualified young guys can't because of a club

Originally posted by theskibro:
Yawn

I saw this too. Why would we care?

Just another privileged kid
Getting what a lot of qualified young guys can't because of a club
Agreed

Originally posted by ssavon66:

I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at ND doing some sort of coaching at some point. Good luck to Jr.
I'd rather see Lou Holtz Jr. coach ND one day rather than CW Jr.

Good old boys network in play. Saban welcomed Kiffen with open arms too. St. Nick is such a kind old soul.

i just don't see that ever happening. I think nice pay out or not, Weis and his family were embittered by their experience at ND.

Originally posted by scubastevefl:

Do you mean Skip?

Didn't Charlie say that he knew of one school( ND ) Charlie Jr. would not be attending ..Very bitter about his firing .

Originally posted by HDK:

i just don't see that ever happening. I think nice pay out or not, Weis and his family were embittered by their experience at ND.
as were most nd fans by his coaching.

Originally posted by Izo:
Didn't Charlie say that he knew of one school( ND ) Charlie Jr. would not be attending ..Very bitter about his firing .
bitter about what ? the guy was as horrible an administrator of a program as you'll ever find. not much better on the sidelines either.

Weis & family bitter?? They have more money than they ever dreamed possible to take care of their daughter. Charlie was not a head coach--he didn't know what he was doing. Just like Romeo Crennel (former Patriots DC), some coaches are not meant to be HC.

i was in a waiting room today and there was a copy of SI with the article on BIll Parcells vs Belicheck when BB bailed for NE

Parcells spoke on Weis and how go ordered him to "get his ass out of here"; meaning his office at Giants Stadium.

If Charlie Jr can't deliver then no coach will hire him. There job is on the line every moment of every day and you think they would risk it with a "favor" hire? Weis Jr will have to prove it just like anyone else in that line of work. CW did the best he could. He recruited and graduated his kids. Brought no shame to the program. I promise you he worked his rear end off. You guys act like CW was the only Irish HC to have a mediocre coaching career at ND. After "Pass Right" and "4th and nine", this board exploded with absolute positive vibes about CW. That's right. He was not meant to be a HC but those in the profession know that CW is a heck of an OC. Before you dump on CW Jr, realize that he did nothing wrong to the program, the university, or this board.

Originally posted by irish jack:

If Charlie Jr can't deliver then no coach will hire him. There job is on the line every moment of every day and you think they would risk it with a "favor" hire? Weis Jr will have to prove it just like anyone else in that line of work. CW did the best he could. He recruited and graduated his kids. Brought no shame to the program. I promise you he worked his rear end off. You guys act like CW was the only Irish HC to have a mediocre coaching career at ND. After "Pass Right" and "4th and nine", this board exploded with absolute positive vibes about CW. That's right. He was not meant to be a HC but those in the profession know that CW is a heck of an OC. Before you dump on CW Jr, realize that he did nothing wrong to the program, the university, or this board.
I don't know of any coach anywhere that ever graduated players. you're not giving the kids any credit. support staff aid kids on their path to success in the classroom. crediting ANY head coach for that is nonsense.

Probably developing a schematic advantage over other teams !!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol !!!!!!!!! Another kid who has no clue what is goimg on !!!!!

Originally posted by echowaker:

Originally posted by irish jack:

I don't know of any coach anywhere that ever graduated players. you're not giving the kids any credit. support staff aid kids on their path to success in the classroom. crediting ANY head coach for that is nonsense.
Don't let your distaste for CW cloud your opinion. CW set the tone for the players. Not all coaches are successful at graduating their players. CW was. He just didn't win enough games. There is no need to trash the guy every time the Weis name comes up. Irish "fans" treated Dan Devine and Gerry Faust the exact same way.

I am old enough to remember that Dan Devine was pretty much run out of town. So for those claiming otherwise they are full of crap.

CW did the best he could; just was not a good HC. He recruited top players when so many claimed ND could not do that anymore. The Weis haters here as haters always do are too STUPID to admit he did good things as well. Actually its not stupidity

Its a kind of ISIS mentality

"Its a kind of ISIS mentality"
...onlyonenow

Comparing Irish fans that criticize the Coaches to "ISIS". Lol..

Lighten up Francis.

And Charlie Weis was a terrible coach with a terrible record. If you think otherwise you don't know football.
This post was edited on 3/18 8:19 PM by Bodizephax

Dan Devine was treated badly by students and fans. "Dump Devine" was on homemade banners around campus and even on bumper stickers. Faust was treated not much better. Shameful.

Originally posted by Irishjohn68:
Originally posted by scubastevefl:

Do you mean Skip?
Skip is a middle or nickname

Jack

Is this really you saying this garbage? Jack on crack today?

Look, I think Weis is a fraud but my post and every post I have read in this thread does not dump on Charlie Jr because of his Dad's failings as a head coach. I said and stand by that it is a bs hire and Jr only got it because of the "Club"

That in itself makes me sick

A kid fresh out of college gets a job with one of the premier programs in the country. Life sucks unless you are a Weis in which case if it ever sucks, you can counf ND money to pass the time.

Every coach works hard, Weis should not get defended. He flat out sucked as a head coach. And his offensive skills were built on the back of Brady. He is a fraud, a guy who gotlucky and fooled people. All this has nothing to do with the original post about his son, His son may or may not prove to have some capability but one thing is undeniable-- he is lucky like his old man and has more right to a job at Walmart than at Alabama

Jack

Is this really you saying this garbage? Jack on crack today?

Look, I think Weis is a fraud but my post and every post I have read in this thread does not dump on Charlie Jr because of his Dad's failings as a head coach. I said and stand by that it is a bs hire and Jr only got it because of the "Club"

That in itself makes me sick

A kid fresh out of college gets a job with one of the premier programs in the country. Life sucks unless you are a Weis in which case if it ever sucks, you can counf ND money to pass the time.

Every coach works hard, Weis should not get defended. He flat out sucked as a head coach. And his offensive skills were built on the back of Brady. He is a fraud, a guy who gotlucky and fooled people. All this has nothing to do with the original post about his son, His son may or may not prove to have some capability but one thing is undeniable-- he is lucky like his old man and has more right to a job at Walmart than at Alabama
You serious??? Ever hear of Hannah? And you free boarders say crap about us?

Originally posted by Bodizephax:

Hannah and friends has nothing to do with college head coaching acumen. But I wouldn't expect someone who dishes out money for a message board to understand that.
It does in the context that the OP used it. Indicating that the Weis's have it made just because they have money. I'm sure that Charlie would give up all the money he has for Hannah to not have the issues she has.

Hannah?

That is a total bs move, playing the handicap card when it has no bearing on the issue of job and career progression. Yes, when it comes to a job and not being accountable for results, the elder Weis has defied odds and life is very good and since the OP is about Jr, and his career -- if you are a Weis -. life is good.

Poor attempt to take the thread in a direction that has no relevance

Oh by the way, I think you are the only one who considers this young woman a life negative. I do give credit to the Weis's for their unwavering support and love for both their children. They do not have the same view you apparently do
This post was edited on 3/19 1:22 AM by theskibro

Hannah?

That is a total bs move, playing the handicap card when it has no bearing on the issue of job and career progression. Yes, when it comes to a job and not being accountable for results, the elder Weis has defied odds and life is very good and since the OP is about Jr, and his career -- if you are a Weis -. life is good.

Oh by the way, I think you are the only one who considers this young woman a life negative. I do give credit to the Weis's for their unwavering support and love for both their children. They do not have the same view you apparently do

I'm not sure what you are talking about when you mention "this young woman is a life negative". That quote has nothing to do with me. I don't even know what it means. I am not the one who took this thread and turned it negative about CW. I am not the one who took this thread and labeled CW Jr as privileged. I just responded. I guess I am not as bitter about the Charlie Weis era as you. He's gone. He can't hurt any of you now. Some of you need to let it go. Out of all the Irish coaches, how many were actually successful? Should we start a thread dumping on Terry Brennan or Joe Kuharich? Let's look to 2015 with modest expectations and see what happens.

Hannah?

Life sucks unless you are a Weis in which case if it ever sucks, you can counf ND money to pass the time.

You're just an idiot. Look at the underlined sentence in your previous post. What does that have to do with job and career progression? ND didn't have to give Charlie a contract extension when they did. Would you turn it down? I simply stated that life isn't all good for the Weis's no matter how much money you have. Don't you think that Charlie would love for Hannah to live a normal life? That isn't a negative. He is making the best out of a situation that god has handed him by using that "ND" money that he has to help people who need it. So get off your high horse.

Originally posted by Ara64:
This thread has nothing to do with Charlie Weis Sr, but everything to do with a young man getting his first major break in the profession he chose for his life's work. Nick Saban doesn't hire somebody unless he sees potential in that person.
Agreed

This thread has nothing to do with Charlie Weis Sr, but everything to do with a young man getting his first major break in the profession he chose for his life's work. Nick Saban doesn't hire somebody unless he

What a crock Saban has the pick of numerous candidates better than a fresh faced kid like Jr and he hired him because of Sr. Get real

It is a club

You're just an idiot. Look at the underlined sentence in your previous post. What does that have to do with job and career progression? ND didn't have to give Charlie a contract extension when they did. Would you turn it down? I simply stated that life isn't all good for the Weis's no matter how much money you have. Don't you think that Charlie would love for Hannah to live a normal life? That isn't a negative. He is making the best out of a situation that god has handed him by using that "ND" money that he has to help people who need it. So get off your high horse.3/19 7:32 AM | IP: Logged

Seems to any reasonable person that when someone resorts to name calling, it is that person who is lacking the brain matter

Guess you cannot handle a little criticism and being called out for throwing a H card

You brought up the daughter. The Weis Family treats all their children the same. You do not

All I said was Weis lives a privileged life. Can you refute that? Think not

Originally posted by Ara64:
This thread has nothing to do with Charlie Weis Sr, but everything to do with a young man getting his first major break in the profession he chose for his life's work. Nick Saban doesn't hire somebody unless he sees potential in that person.
Or he thinks his wife is hot. See Lane Kiffen.

Skibro, your just wasting your time talking logic to those two. Onlyonenow brings ISIS into a football discussion and Savan brings a handicapped girl into a football discussion. They are low on brain matter.

Bodi

As usual u r correct I should just move on appreciate the wake up call hope u r doing good Looking for a big season coming up but u and I are optimists and every year we look for the same thing BUT this year is different-- it is gonna be off the charts LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT