ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Catching up with Rivals100 LB Kyngstonn Viliamu-Asa

Tyler James

I've posted how many times?
Staff
Dec 31, 2021
@RRH1 is the lucky winner as his request to hear from 2024 Notre Dame LB target Kyngstonn Viliamu-Asa came through first for me.

I'll have a full story on Viliamu-Asa early tomorrow afternoon, but I wanted to share some notes from our conversation here first.

Notre Dame head coach Marcus Freeman, safeties coach Chris O'Leary and wide receivers coach Chansi Stuckey paid a visit to Viliamu-Asa's high school, St. John Bosco in Bellflower, Calif., last Tuesday. That made it pretty clear to Viliamu-Asa how much the Irish valued him.

“They made it real clear," he said. "It means a lot for the head coach to come down to Cali. That speaks a lot of volume, because not a lot of schools do that. I’ve been in contact with Chad (Bowden). Before coach L (James Laurinaitis) left, I was in contact with coach L, coach Washington and coach Golden. They’ve made it clear that I’m a top priority. I’m really appreciative.”

Viliamu-Asa said Bowden, ND's director of recruiting, is the ND staff member he has the closest relationship with.

We're in a dead period until March, so Viliamu-Asa still has time to sort out some of his next visits. He hopes to visit a couple schools in the spring and hopefully some schools he hasn't visited previously, but he doesn't have anything planned yet.

What about Notre Dame?

"If I’m not able to get up in the spring, most likely for an official this summer," he said.

Viliamu-Asa visited USC, Texas and Texas A&M in January. I'd consider the Trojans a serious threat to keep Viliamu-Asa close to home.

I asked if there's a school he'd like to hear more from, he said Georgia. That's where his teammate, No. 1 safety Peyton Woodyard, is already committed. "He's in my ear every day," Viliamu-Asa said.

More to come in tomorrow's story.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News