ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Kelly thread

12-0 in two seasons isn’t being accountable ?
Again, which trophy case do those go in?

Did the players get rings?

Brian Kelly has won absolutely positively nothing in nine seasons, I don't care how many times he can beat VT or mediocre Michigan teams at home.

I would think they would be really motivated if they really love Notre Dame. Especially considering it's been so long since we've even been competitive in a major bowl, let alone won.
Well...

Everyone makes excuses that we get these elitest genius individuals that can't even get into Harvard and Yale, only Notre Dame...

Someone suggesting now apparently even these players that we only get from the wholsum hallmark families from the Southside soc neighborhoods won't give a shit if it's not a playoff game?

Jesus Christ it's amazing we can even field 85 players that aren't all kickers and punters.

God help us.

WTFE!

P.s.

I rooted for the greasers

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Again, which trophy case do those go in?

Did the players get rings?

Brian Kelly has won absolutely positively nothing in nine seasons, I don't care how many times he can beat VT or mediocre Michigan teams at home.

In the last 10 years only five coaches have won the National Championship, are all of the other coaches as bad as you deem BK to be.

Only five coaches.

BK has 2 12-0 teams

BK has gotten ND into the playoffs twice in the last 7 years.

How many other coaches have done that ?

In the last 10 years only five coaches have won the National Championship, are all of the other coaches as bad as you deem BK to be.

Only five coaches.

BK has 2 12-0 teams

He can't win or be competitive in the big one. Thats the problem

Reactions: 88ND

Only five coaches.

BK has 2 12-0 teams

Which trophy case does that go in?

Did everyone get rings?

Only five coaches.

BK has 2 12-0 teams

Stop the nonsense.

How many other coaches have been competitive in a big bowl game?

Several!

How many have Brian Kelly?

Z
E
R
O.

5 tries....

5 embarrassing performances.

Fact

Reactions: chitown sot
Stop the nonsense.

How many other coaches have been competitive in a big bowl game?

Several!

How many have Brian Kelly?

Z
E
R
O.

5 tries....

5 embarrassing performances.

Fact

How many coaches have gotten to play for the National Championship in the last 7 years ?

Who would you replace Kelly with ?

In today's college football all that matters is making the playoff. Kelly needs to prove that last year was no fluke. 10-2 or worse should not get it done at ND anymore.

In today's college football all that matters is making the playoff. Kelly needs to prove that last year was no fluke. 10-2 or worse should not get it done at ND anymore.
I’m to the point where I would take 10-2 as long as we actually won a major bowl game.

I mean we haven’t even done that in almost 30 seasons.

I’m to the point where I would take 10-2 as long as we actually won a major bowl game.

I mean we haven’t even done that in almost 30 seasons.
Bowl games are for losers. They mean nothing. It is playoffs or bust and once you get there you stay there like Clem and Bama.

Bowl games are for losers. They mean nothing. It is playoffs or bust and once you get there you stay there like Clem and Bama.
Notre Dame’s not Clemson or Bama, we’re not even Oklahoma/OSU/Georgia at this point.

And the major bowl games only mean nothing for the programs that can’t win them, like us.

Notre Dame’s not Clemson or Bama, we’re not even Oklahoma/OSU/Georgia at this point.

And the major bowl games only mean nothing for the programs that can’t win them, like us.
Only losers call them major bowl games. There are no major bowl games only playoff games and exhibitions. ND right now is just as good as Ohst and Okl and IF Kelly gets them back to the playoffs then they are better. If not ND is just another loser like all the teams not in the playoffs.

Only losers call them major bowl games. There are no major bowl games only playoff games and exhibitions. ND right now is just as good as Ohst and Okl and IF Kelly gets them back to the playoffs then they are better. If not ND is just another loser like all the teams not in the playoffs.
Even ignoring the major bowl games (I don't agree but I don't blame you for wanting to ignore them considering our recent performances playing in them).

Ohio State has already made the playoff twice and won it. Oklahoma has made it each of the last 3 years and actually been competitive in the games.

Notre Dame has made it only once just in time to get deep dicked in front of everyone. If Notre Dame starts getting there consistently I'll agree, but history indicates we're much more likely to get the standard 8-9 win season from Kelly. The smart money is in that result.

If Lou Holtz was such a great coach then how did he lose 30 games at ND in 11 years? ND hasn't had a great coach since Ara Parseghian. He wasn't good enough for some knuckleheads. Uncle Jack said BK was brought here to rebuild a broken program. He also said BK would be here until he retires down the road. I thought it was interesting that Uncle Jack said replacing BK never crossed his mind in 2016. 22 wins later.....

If Lou Holtz was such a great coach then how did he lose 30 games at ND in 11 years? ND hasn't had a great coach since Ara Parseghian. He wasn't good enough for some knuckleheads. Uncle Jack said BK was brought here to rebuild a broken program. He also said BK would be here until he retires down the road. I thought it was interesting that Uncle Jack said replacing BK never crossed his mind in 2016. 22 wins later.....
You're right, Lou Holtz was garbage and Brian Kelly is awesome :rolleyes:.

Terrific logic. Nevermind Holtz's dominant 64-9 record from 88-93 with some of the toughest college football schedules of all time, and nevermind his 5 major bowl wins in those 6 seasons (Kelly hasn't done it once) along with a national championship.(Kelly hasn't nor will he ever)

Look, if you're okay with big game Brian and all of his mediocre glory that's fine, but don't put down one of the best to ever do it in the process. Lou can't even see Kelly in the rearview in terms of motivating and game planning for big games.

Oh paleasssseeeeee

Ara played easy schedules. EXTREMELY easy schedules compared to Lou.

I like Ara. Great guy.

To act like he was better than Lou @ ND is self serving and ignorant.

Ara in his tenure had one schedule that was comparable to Lou's. It was Lou's lowest rated schedule ever and Ara's highest.

The other's aren't even in the same ball park.

I showed you the facts and the numbers to which you had no reply then and I'll assume you've no reply now.

Thx

And who -- of your list -- would actually come to ND given the academic and other restrictions? We've been turned down by many of your suggestions...
While we all would wish we would win a National Title, probably isn't going to happen and Kelly has nothing to do with it. There were issues that present themselves to be challenges at Notre Dame we all know what they are, and that concludes probably half of the top 100 athletes from getting in based on admission standards. Second, if you can get over admissions, young kids and let's face it these eighteen-year-oldsrudeht athletes are just kids, I looking for a fun college town, not necessarily having to go to class, pretty girls, and warm weather. They don't think about the future other than playing pro ball not realizing less then 2 percent get drafted much less signed. So it takes a unique individual who wants to play for an above-average football team who appreciates strong academics and understands there's life beyond football to attend Notre Dame. So why the hell would an elite coach want to come to Notre Dame with all the negatives already out there? We should be happy we have Kelly at this point in time.

Once again Notre Dame looks unprepared to start the season. QB regression once again on cue, and the play calling as usual 1 drive too late.

Drew White clearly outmatched, where is Simon, Bauer ect...?

Struggling with a 2-10 Louisville team is NOT a good sign for this season.

Looks like a 9-3 team AT BEST.

I'm sick and tired of watching a shell shocked, unprepared team 4 times a year.

They have a practice game before Georgia and need to get much better. The Bulldogs will be favored by 21+ after tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT