ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Bond escalating between Notre Dame and 2025 CB target Cree Thomas

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

I spoke with Notre Dame 2025 cornerback Cree Thomas this week. Thomas, a three-star according to Rivals, was offered on ND's annual Pot of Gold Day recruiting event in March and visited in April, where he reunited with former Phoenix (Ariz.) Brophy College Prep teammate and current Irish cornerback Benjamin Morrison.

Thomas is ranked as the No. 1 player in Arizona for the 2025 recruiting class, ahead of No. 2 wide receiver Cooper Perry, another Irish target.

Now that coaches can directly contact players in the 2025 recruiting class, Thomas said he’s looking forward to building stronger relationships with the coaching staff.

“I got a call right at midnight from [director of recruiting] Coach [Chad] Bowden and [recruiting analyst] Coach Dre [Brown] making Notre Dame the very first school to reach out to me in the open period,” Thomas told Inside ND Sports. “Midnight in Phoenix time is 3 a.m. in South Bend so it meant a lot that they stayed up all that time to give me that call.”

Thomas is planning to commit after his junior season. In regards to Notre Dame, he wants to learn more about his defensive fit and how he’d be used at his position.

The 6-foot-1, 170-pound cornerback said he’s hoping to schedule a visit for the Ohio State game on Sept. 23 or the USC game on Oct. 14.

Thomas reports 11 total offers from Notre Dame, Arizona, Arizona State, Boston College, California, Colorado State, Nevada, Oregon, Purdue, San Diego State and Wisconsin.

Beside nailing down a date to see the Irish, Thomas told me he’s also hoping to set visits to Oregon and Wisconsin this season.

Link to full story:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News