ADVERTISEMENT

Blake Fisher !

Wish him the best, but, IMHO, bust. Can still see Louisville making him quit/benched. Never lived up to a 5* or 2nd round grade. Good luck nonetheless. Hope I’m wrong, but he’s a Guard and nothing more
Blake Fisher was a composite 4-star (composite #55 ranked player in his recruiting class).

Anybody that makes 30+ starts over several years and develops into a 2nd round NFL draft pick at your institution is not only a hit, but a big hit that ND would take every time.

Blake Fisher was a composite 4-star (composite #55 ranked player in his recruiting class).

Anybody that makes 30+ starts over several years and develops into a 2nd round NFL draft pick at your institution is not only a hit, but a big hit that ND would take every time.
27 starts.

He was a hit. He had a good career. But I think he left fans wanting or expecting more. I dont think he ever quite lived up to his hype.

I think he still has potential growth to his game. Id take a Blake Fisher every year but I don't think he hit his ceiling at Notre Dame

Solid choice to declare in my opinion.
That doesn't say how he did at Notre Dame
sure it does..are you suggesting his 27 starts and plethora of tape didn’t impact his draft position? Surely there is a direct correlation between how he did at ND and his 2nd round pick

Solid choice to declare in my opinion.

sure it does..are you suggesting his 27 starts and plethora of tape didn’t impact his draft position? Surely there is a direct correlation between how he did at ND and his 2nd round pick
Jamarcus Russell was drafted first. The raiders draft poorly every single year.

He has very high potential. His talent is higher than his tape

He was good at ND. He wasnt elite. Inconsistent. His potential helped him get drafted higher than his tape

He was good at ND. He wasnt elite. Inconsistent. His potential helped him get drafted higher than his tape
Haha throw in the biggest bust ever to prove your point.

Yea 59th overall/2nd round isn’t elite. By talent do you mean skill or athleticism? Either way, his play at ND 100% was pivotal in getting solid feedback from the NFL when making the decision and getting the 2nd round call. Great decision by BF

We bring in the #55 overall prospect in his class and he starts from the moment he gets on campus on a unit that is one of the best in the country and starts 27 games for us while getting top grades at his position from the people at PFF over the course of his career and ultimately gets drafted in the 2nd round of the NFL draft (#9 or #10 at his position).

What exactly are the expectations that weren't meant?

Haha throw in the biggest bust ever to prove your point.

Yea 59th overall/2nd round isn’t elite. By talent do you mean skill or athleticism? Either way, his play at ND 100% was pivotal in getting solid feedback from the NFL when making the decision and getting the 2nd round call. Great decision by BF
I can come up with hundreds of examples. Have you ever watched an NFL draft? Do you follow the Raiders or the Browns or the Lions etc etc etc

By talent I mean skill, body type, athleticism. Also his age. I believe he is the youngest or one of the 3 youngest OL in the draft

He has a lot of talent and upside. His film was probably a 4th rounder. His talent and age say 1st rounder.

He got drafted late 2nd. There's nothing wrong with that. He had a good career at Notre Dame. Could have been better but I'll take a Blake Fisher every year and be happy about it

We bring in the #55 prospect in his class and he starts from the moment he gets on campus on a unit that is one of the best in the country and starts 27 games for us while getting top grades at his position from the people at PFF over the course of his career and ultimately is the 9th or 10th guy at his position drafted to the NFL

Where you get drafted doesn't always translate to how you played at your college.

The NFL drafts a lot on potential and upside, which Blake has a lot of

He was good at Notre Dame but could have been better.

I'll always be a big fan of his

We bring in the #55 prospect in his class and he starts from the moment he gets on campus on a unit that is one of the best in the country and starts 27 games for us while getting top grades at his position from the people at PFF over the course of his career and ultimately is the 9th or 10th guy at his position drafted to the NFL

Exactly, right on par with his recruiting ranking. ND fans come to expect Alt, McGlinchey, Stanley, Nelson. Of course his athleticism/potential were a factor in a 2nd round pick haha don’t know know too many unathletic/no potential folks selected in the 2nd round.

I don’t think he was over drafted, Marist yes.

The NFL disagrees.

Blake is much more rated based on athleticism/potential than production. I don’t even know how you’re disputing that. The tape says it all. If Houston wanted an OT, good luck. OG? Maybe…
Who even gives a shit about NotreDomers1s opinion Blake. Not anyone that matters. I think you're underrated. Go figure Blake, some disagree. Good luck Blake! You're a warrior

Doesn't that sound stupid? That's you in the Liufau thread.

What a tool you are

Please tell us again how Blake Fisher made a mistake declaring early.
That's not what I was commenting on. But you know that. You were caught there.

But I'll answer anyway, I think he comes back and plays next year and could have been a 1st round pick.

I'm happy for Blake that he got drafted where he did. I'm probably one of his biggest fans on the board. But yes I think he made a mistake. I think he could have come back and improved his game first and foremost

That's not what I was commenting on. But you know that. You were caught there.

But I'll answer anyway, I think he comes back and plays next year and could have been a 1st round pick.

I'm happy for Blake that he got drafted where he did. I'm probably one of his biggest fans on the board. But yes I think he made a mistake. I think he could have come back and improved his game first and foremost
You can also improve your game while getting paid really well.

When was Blake injured for a year again? You want to compare apples against oranges. Who sounds stupid again?

What tool tries to make the comparison regarding different fruits? Oh, that’s Golson. Idiot
He missed 11 games his freshman year

But you whiffed at that point and what I said

Wow you are way off tonight. What the hell did your post even mean lol. I was making fun of you and you just made zero sense.

What lol

You can also improve your game while getting paid really well.
No argument there. I just think he would have benefited from another year. You were the one who brought it up. Not me

That's long in the past now. Now I just hope he becomes a hall of famer for him and Notre Dames benefit

Reactions: NDblitz
I don't think people appreciate just how hard it is to find productive players at the high P4 level. Just the fact that we found a starter at OT who held his own (let alone developed into a top 10 guy at his position) is a massive win for the organization.

It's REALLY hard/really scarce to develop prospects into FBS starters, let alone top 60 NFL draft picks.

ND would take Blake Fisher every day of the week and twice on sundays and happily plug in 5 guys along the OL with his ability and production

There should be no disappointment among the fan base in terms of the production we got out of Blake Fisher or how his career ultimately ended up. I dont know what people were expecting, orlando pace maybe?

He is by far the least of the problems in the ND organization over the last several+ years.

Last edited:
I don't think people appreciate just how hard it is to find talent at the high P4 level. Just the fact that we found a starter at OT who held his own (let alone developed into a top 10 guy at his position) is a massive win for the organization.

It's REALLY hard/really scarce to develop prospects into FBS starters, let alone top 60 NFL draft picks.
ND would take Blake Fisher every day of the week and twice on sundays and even take players who are half the player Blake Fisher is.

There should be no disappointment among the fan base in terms of the production we got out of Blake Fisher or how his career ultimately ended up. He is by far the least of the problems in the ND organization over the last several+ years.
Really Good career. Could have been better. Never reached his high potential

Id take another Blake for sure. But 2 things can be true. Blake was a good player for ND, true. Blake could have been even better at ND, true

Hope he becomes a hall of famer. Great kid

Really Good career. Could have been better. Never reached his high potential

Id take another Blake for sure. But 2 things can be true. Blake was a good player for ND, true. Blake could have been even better at ND, true

Hope he becomes a hall of famer. Great kid
I think every fan in the world thinks a player on their roster could be better, but how realistic is it to be better than to lockdown a starting position --a critical position in today's football-- at the high P4 level from the moment you walk on campus and ultimately develop into a top 60 NFL draft pick?

To all intents and purposes Blake Fisher's career has been nothing but remarkable/extraordinary/a massive win for the ND organization.

I think every fan in the world thinks a player on their roster could be better, but how realistic is it to be better than to lockdown a starting position --a critical position in today's football-- at the high P4 level from the moment you walk on campus and ultimately develop into a top 60 NFL draft pick?

To all intents and purposes Blake Fisher's career has been nothing but remarkable/extraordinary/a massive win for the ND organization.
No they don't. JD Bertrand is a guy who got everything out of his ability. Same with Alt. Hes very talented and played exactly like it. JJB had a great year and exceeded expectations. Kiser has played up to his ability. Same with Cross who maybe exceeded

Some guys dont match their potential although having good careers or years. Blake Fisher, Chase Claypool, Kevin Austin, Ishaq Williams, Dexter Williams come to mind.

Theres much more on both sides of the aisle. Just a few examples

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT