ADVERTISEMENT

BK - Swarbrick

SubwaydomerDFW

ND Expert
Gold Member
Oct 19, 2021
www.goodguysroofing.com
This AM on ESPNU , Coach N recounts some of his interview with Brian Kelly after his year 1 in the SEC.

BK said he went to Swarbrick and asked for improvements to the program that it needs to make in order to win now.

Swarbrick told BK those things were on his board but were years off. BK felt like he'd be nearing retirement before ND pulled off the improvements he desired to be competitive with the playoff group, so he told Swarbrick at that moment he was going to leave. I don't know if he's saving face because Swarbrick never made mention to the latter part of that other than the fact CBK wanted improvements that Swarbrick could not immediately fulfill. Who knows if the latter part is a half truth or simply a face saving remark..

It sounds like Swarbrick is on board with what needs to change but the wheels are turning a little slower.

I know this has been alluded to and mentioned but I like making the posts when credible members of the media reference/quote the issues since sources tend to be "vague".

ND can't change it's geography, but it can change it's undergrad curriculum so more players can major in eligibility and to me that seems like the biggest difference from other big boy football schools.

Aside from those, it seems that facilities and NIL hookups are really the only other critical improvements. Would love to have been a fly on the wall for Swarbrick and CBKs meeting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News