ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten TV selections

Quix0te

Irish Insider
Apr 10, 2018
Fox, NBC and CBS have announced their first round Big Ten TV selections for the 2024 season. Some interesting insights.

With the top 3 picks, Fox chose Michigan at Ohio St, Texas at Michigan Sept 7 and Bama at Wisconsin Sept 14.

NBC announced their weeks 1 & 2 primetime games: Fresno @ Michigan Aug 31, Colorado at Nebraska Sept 7.

CBS - Notre Dame-Purdue Sept. 14, USC-Michigan Sept. 21.

Seems the ND at USC game on Nov 30 is still up for grabs.

Fox, NBC and CBS have announced their first round Big Ten TV selections for the 2024 season. Some interesting insights.

With the top 3 picks, Fox chose Michigan at Ohio St, Texas at Michigan Sept 7 and Bama at Wisconsin Sept 14.

NBC announced their weeks 1 & 2 primetime games: Fresno @ Michigan Aug 31, Colorado at Nebraska Sept 7.

CBS - Notre Dame-Purdue Sept. 14, USC-Michigan Sept. 21.

Seems the ND at USC game on Nov 30 is still up for grabs.
"Seems the ND at USC game on Nov 30 is still up for grab"

Either ABC or ESPN will grab it. No worries. FOX will never give up the OSU/Michigan game.

So Fox picked bama vs Wisconsin over usc. S nd? Odd. I didn’t know Texas and Michigan play this year, that will be a good one.

So Fox picked bama vs Wisconsin over usc. S nd? Odd.
Don't forget that Fox will be showing Ohio St-Michigan on the same day as ND-USC, Nov. 30. Plus ND-USC will be competing for viewers against many other rivalry games that day.

Reactions: Kelso86
Don't forget that Fox will be showing Ohio St-Michigan on the same day as ND-USC, Nov. 30. Plus ND-USC will be competing for viewers against many other rivalry games that day.
I can see why the networks would favor some big September matchups over ND-USC on Nov. 30. Thanksgiving weekend has a lot of football, and in years when ND-USC isn't featuring two highly-ranked teams (all too often in recent years), it can get lost in the shuffle nationally that weekend.

USC has a tough schedule this year, so unless they really improve their defense over last year's (and find a good new QB as well), they could easily have a mediocre record by the time that game rolls around.

I can see why the networks would favor some big September matchups over ND-USC on Nov. 30. Thanksgiving weekend has a lot of football, and in years when ND-USC isn't featuring two highly-ranked teams (all too often in recent years), it can get lost in the shuffle nationally that weekend.

USC has a tough schedule this year, so unless they really improve their defense over last year's (and find a good new QB as well), they could easily have a mediocre record by the time that game rolls around.
USC and Purdue have the toughest schedules in the Big Ten this year. USC plays LSU, Michigan, Penn St, Washington and ND. Purdue plays ND, Oregon State, Oregon, Ohio State and Penn State.

USC and Purdue have the toughest schedules in the Big Ten this year. USC plays LSU, Michigan, Penn St, Washington and ND. Purdue plays ND, Oregon State, Oregon, Ohio State and Penn State.
SC has one game I'd consider an "easy" game the whole season - Utah State. And they do lots of traveling, too. Not an easy schedule, for a team that had no defense last year.

SC has one game I'd consider an "easy" game the whole season - Utah State. And they do lots of traveling, too. Not an easy schedule, for a team that had no defense last year.
I didn't say SC had an easy schedule, I said SC and Purdue had equally tough schedules. Purdue's softest games are Indiana State, Northwestern and Indiana. SC's softest games are Utah St, Rutgers and Maryland. They both play the Wiskys. Minnys, Nebbys, etc.

I didn't say SC had an easy schedule, I said SC and Purdue had equally tough schedules. Purdue's softest games are Indiana State, Northwestern and Indiana. SC's softest games are Utah St, Rutgers and Maryland. They both play the Wiskys. Minnys, Nebbys, etc.
Wasn't arguing with you; was agreeing their schedule's tough. Rutgers is decent now under Schiano. They beat Miami in their bowl game. Maryland is also decent. They beat Auburn in their bowl game, 31-13. Nebraska's on the rise under Rhule; ditto for Wisconsin under Fickell. None of those games are gimmes.

They could be 6-5 when we play them, if they don't have a better defense this year.

You have a higher opinion of Rutgers than I do.
They went 7-6 with a bowl win over Miami, and they play decent defense now under Schiano. Didn't say SC would lose to them; just that it's not a gimme, the way SC played defense last year.

They went 7-6 with a bowl win over Miami, and they play decent defense now under Schiano. Didn't say SC would lose to them; just that it's not a gimme, the way SC played defense last year.
Same with Maryland.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT