ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Morrison has been robbed.

nptb

Shakes Down The Thunder
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2002
How in the world did this young fella not make one All American team?

He put the clamps on a unanimous 1st Team All American who will be the first receiver off the board Next April. He locked down every opponents number 1 receiver the entire season with only Louisville's 1 having any kind of success.

The guys selected are good, but all of them except the Iowa corner have been lit up a couple of times this season. The Iowa corner wasn't lit up because they played against terrible offenses all season. Someone help it make sense to me.

He put the clamps on a unanimous 1st Team All American who will be the first receiver off the board Next April. He locked down every opponents number 1 receiver the entire season with only Louisville's 1 having any kind of success.

The guys selected are good, but all of them except the Iowa corner have been lit up a couple of times this season. The Iowa corner wasn't lit up because they played against terrible offenses all season. Someone help it make sense to me.
Ben is great. I love him. He's awesome.

But was he the best corner on the team this year? It's pretty close

I dont think he tackled well this year

I hope he uses it as motivation this off season and comes back next year and is 1st team AA

I hope he uses it as motivation this off season and comes back next year and is 1st team AA
He tackling was terrible in the beginning of the season. It got better as the year went on.
My point is whomever he was guarding was taken out of the game.

Reactions: NDinNJ and mirer03
He tackling was terrible in the beginning of the season. It got better as the year went on.
My point is whomever he was guarding was taken out of the game.
Yeah but Cam allowed less catches on the season

I think they both had an argument

The price you pay for being a lockdown corner is that many teams will stay away from your side.

.The lack of action can lead to a lack of concentration and some complacency. It also leads to less INT and PBUs.

Stats, probably. Too many voters don't watch the games. Because he had all those INTs last season, so when looking at the numbers for this season, they think he had a down year. What many voters likely don't take the time to consider is that his numbers are lower because his reputation is well established. Teams know not to try testing him, so his opportunities to make plays on the ball just aren't there. What voters should be doing is looking at the stats of the WRs opposite him.

Last edited:
Reactions: HRC08 and irish316
Stats, probably. Too many voters don't watch the games. Because he had all those INTs last season, so when looking at the numbers for this season, they think he had a down year. What many voters likely don't take the time to consider is that his numbers are lower because his reputation is well established. Teams know not try testing him, so his opportunities to make plays on the ball just aren't there. What voters should be doing is looking at the stats of the WRs opposite him.
Thanks for clearing this up Mr. Driskell.

• Haha
Reactions: francade

It’s not close, Ben Morrison is a superior corner than Cam Hart.

Reactions: mirer03
I believe Cam had no TDs allowed as well, where BM had at least 5
BM gave up 3 td's this season. 1 against USC where he had to cover Rice for like 7 seconds. 1 against Clemson and 1 against Louisville.

There is also the fact that most of the Db's on the All American teams didn't have more Int's than him.

Reactions: NDOnTheRoad
It’s not close. We’ll see how the NFL evaluates the two.
That's not really a fair analysis because you are talking about the two players right now, this season. Morrison will have another season of play until he gets an evaluation from the NFL. Statistically, Cam Hart had a better year than Benjamin Morrison. Is there more than meets the eye in those stats? Perhaps, but I am pretty sure that you are thinking of Morrison in the capacity of what you expect from him once he reaches the NFL. He's not ready for the NFL right now. Cam Hart is. That's the difference.

Reactions: NDblitz
That's not really a fair analysis because you are talking about the two players right now, this season. Morrison will have another season of play until he gets an evaluation from the NFL. Statistically, Cam Hart had a better year than Benjamin Morrison. Is there more than meets the eye in those stats? Perhaps, but I am pretty sure that you are thinking of Morrison in the capacity of what you expect from him once he reaches the NFL. He's not ready for the NFL right now. Cam Hart is. That's the difference.
If was Morrison was able to come out now, he would get drafted higher than Hart. He’s the better player.

Golson- why is Ben the better prospect? wouldn’t Cam’s measurables make him the better prospect? He’s taller, bigger and I bet faster.

Morrison had 10 passes defensed to Harts 4, 2 INT to Harts 0.

If was Morrison was able to come out now, he would get drafted higher than Hart. He’s the better player.

Golson- why is Ben the better prospect? wouldn’t Cam’s measurables make him the better prospect? He’s taller, bigger and I bet faster.

Ben has much better ball production, is 3 years younger and has no bad injury history

If Cam was fully healthy he'd be a 2nd or 3rd round guy at the latest. He's had 3 shoulder injuries

Ben is the better prospect, but this particular year, Cam was as good if not better

He gave up less receptions, less yards, less TDs and had fewer missed tackles....I cant actually remember Cam missing one

You are showing two stats and expect that to be the end of the discussion? Size of the player? That's potential until they reach the level being discussed and do it. Your opinion is that he gets drafted higher, right now. There is no way to test that theory, so it means nothing. I will tell you a provable fact that does matter and why RIGHT NOW Cam Hart is a better corner than Ben Morrison: Tackling. Ben Morrison's struggles with tackling are a known factor. Cam Hart's physicality as a hitter is a known factor. Take away potential, draft stock, pro career, etc. December 8, 2023, Cam Hart is a better corner than Ben Morrison.

You are showing two stats and expect that to be the end of the discussion? Size of the player? That's potential until they reach the level being discussed and do it. Your opinion is that he gets drafted higher, right now. There is no way to test that theory, so it means nothing. I will tell you a provable fact that does matter and why RIGHT NOW Cam Hart is a better corner than Ben Morrison: Tackling. Ben Morrison's struggles with tackling are a known factor. Cam Hart's physicality as a hitter is a known factor. Take away potential, draft stock, pro career, etc. December 8, 2023, Cam Hart is a better corner than Ben Morrison.
That’s completely ridiculous. There’s a reason the coaches lined up Ben against the best every week, he’s a lock down corner. Where’s your “proof” he’s a better corner? Absolutely agree Cam is better in the run game.

If you’re guarding MJ, you’re going to give up some points.. guarding Kukoc, well you probably going to give up less points. Talk about a shit stat.

Y’all seem to know Ben is the better player as basically acknowledging he will be a top pick next year, must be banking on a huge year of development and shrugging Cams late round status off on some shoulder injuries haha

That’s completely ridiculous. There’s a reason the coaches lined up Ben against the best every week, he’s a lock down corner. Where’s your “proof” he’s a better corner? Absolutely agree Cam is better in the run game.

If you’re guarding MJ, you’re going to give up some points.. guarding Kukoc, well you probably going to give up less points. Talk about a shit stat.

Y’all seem to know Ben is the better player as basically acknowledging he will be a top pick next year, must be banking on a huge year of development and shrugging Cams late round status off on some shoulder injuries haha
I just gave you the proof. Tackling. No, tackling isn't exclusive to the run game. You have made up your mind, so it's whatever. And when Morrison is drafted higher than Cam Hart you are going to think of that as validation. More power to you.

That’s completely ridiculous. There’s a reason the coaches lined up Ben against the best every week, he’s a lock down corner. Absolutely agree Cam is better in the run game.

That's not true. One played boundary and one played field. They did not move Ben to play the best wr on each team. So that is inaccurate. They each guarded the same players in the same games. Some games Ben may have guarded the top guy more and vice versa

You went on that big talk that was inaccurate

I dont think Cam will be a late rounder. I don't think he'll go past the 4th round

And having at least 2 shoulder surgeries maybe 3 is no laughing matter. It's going to cost him money for sure

Reactions: NDOnTheRoad
Ben has much better ball production, is 3 years younger and has no bad injury history

If Cam was fully healthy he'd be a 2nd or 3rd round guy at the latest. He's had 3 shoulder injuries

Ben is the better prospect, but this particular year, Cam was as good if not better

He gave up less receptions, less yards, less TDs and had fewer missed tackles....I cant actually remember Cam missing one

I just gave you the proof. Tackling. No, tackling isn't exclusive to the run game. You have made up your mind, so it's whatever. And when Morrison is drafted higher than Cam Hart you are going to think of that as validation. More power to you.
I conceded Cam is a better tackler, but does that make him a better player at the corner position? You seem to think he’s also better against the pass? Ben Mo is a round 1-3 guy, has been since the day he stepped on campus, 2024 isn’t going to change that. Hart is a round 3 and after guy, has been since he stepped on campus.

In four years, Hart had 17 PD, and 2 INT. In two years BenMo has 15 PD, 8 INT.

Morrison will eventually be a better player... EVENTUALLY, but right now, the better player is Cam Hart. Something else to consider is that they are different players. Cam Hart is more like the Legion of Boom corners that Seattle had 10-15 years ago. They were big, physical, and were not afraid to make and take hits. Ben Morrison is more of a traditional shutdown corner, like Darelle Revis. Morrison has more upside than Hart. Morrison probably plays in the league longer than Hart. Morrison will be drafted higher than Hart. But, none of that is relevant to which is the better player TODAY.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
I conceded Cam is a better tackler, but does that make him a better player at the corner position? You seem to think he’s also better against the pass? Ben Mo is a round 1-3 guy, has been since the day he stepped on campus, 2024 isn’t going to change that. Hart is a round 3 and after guy, has been since he stepped on campus.

In this discussion, pertaining to this season, yes, the tackling is the demarcation as to which of the two is better.

That's not true. One played boundary and one played field. They did not move Ben to play the best wr on each team. So that is inaccurate. They each guarded the same players in the same games. Some games Ben may have guarded the top guy more and vice versa

You went on that big talk that was inaccurate

I dont think Cam will be a late rounder. I don't think he'll go past the 3 is no laughing matter. It's going to cost
In this discussion, pertaining to this season, yes, the tackling is the demarcation as to which of the two is better.
I prefer to pass coverage as the demarcation. I’ll take Regis over Dick Sherman any day of the week.

Comical as y’all conceding BenMo will get drafted higher “when” he develops ha y’all know the truth, it’s okay.

I said he was the same or a little better this season

THIS SEASON. THIS SEASON. THIS SEASON

I prefer to pass coverage as the demarcation. I’ll take Regis over Dick Sherman any day of the week.

Comical as y’all conceding BenMo will get drafted higher “when” he develops ha y’all know the truth, it’s okay.
It's called one more ****ing season. Done discussing anything with you because you are just refusing to accept that maybe you are mistaken.

It's called one more ****ing season. Done discussing anything with you because you are just refusing to accept that maybe you are mistaken.
Don’t worry, Cams always been a 5-7th round guy- in any SEASON.. BenMo is so far advanced in coverage is not even comparable. You’re doing a good thing by ending the discussion because it’s asinine at best.

Don’t worry, Cams always been a 5-7th round guy- in any SEASON.. BenMo is so far advanced in coverage is not even comparable. You’re doing a good thing by ending the discussion because it’s asinine at best.
Please shut the **** up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT