ADVERTISEMENT

Audric Estime NFL draft

savvyandsassier

All Star
Dec 16, 2013
Where's he going to go in the draft? He was an absolute stud this year. A truly impressive, imposing big back with pretty much everything you'd want from that sort of RB. Is he going to be a top three round pick?

NDs line makes their RBs look better than they are which is why none of our RBs seem to have much success at the next level no matter how much they succeed at ND

Is Estime an exception to the rule ? Possibly but I'd definitely take a watch and see approach

NDs line makes their RBs look better than they are which is why none of our RBs seem to have much success at the next level no matter how much they succeed at ND

Is Estime an exception to the rule ? Possibly but I'd definitely take a watch and see approach
Respect your post... BUT.. what about Alabama and Georgia and Ohio State and Clemson and so on with good to great offensive lines... Estime is legit and will succeed ... best back in a long time!!! Price and Love as well....

I figured he would do well this season, but he exceeded expectations. He really was the real deal. As well as a typical high-character ND guy. At least from all appearances...

Reactions: 96domer and jerbach

typical chase his balls hypocrisy
you can bet he does not hold Alabama or Georgia or OSU or Michigan backs to the same standard

Reactions: hvillebill
Respect your post... BUT.. what about Alabama and Georgia and Ohio State and Clemson and so on with good to great offensive lines... Estime is legit and will succeed ... best back in a long time!!! Price and Love as well....
Kyren was the best back I’ve seen at ND since Julius Jones - I think Estime will go 3-4th round.

Reactions: d1042 and tbone3114
Kyren was the best back I’ve seen at ND since Julius Jones - I think Estime will go 3-4th round.

Kyren, when healthy, only trails McCaffrey in YPG in regards to NFL RBs. I’d put Estime as a solid 3-4 round grade as well.

Our backs haven’t been that bad for where they’ve been drafted. Kyren was a steal for the Rams and has been a breakout player this year. Prosise had a few decent years. Adams and Dexter Williams should have stayed another year. None of these guys were top picks though. Unless I’m blanking the last rb we’ve had drafted in round 1 was Julius Jones

This is funny

Kyren is going to the pro bowl this year

Absolute stud

Reactions: scubastevefl

There may ALREADY be an exception to the rule.

Kyren Williams

I respectfully disagree, K. Williams is tearing the NFL up. RB is just a low-value position. I wouldn’t take any running back higher than the third round.

I say Estime goes 4th round.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
Where's he going to go in the draft? He was an absolute stud this year. A truly impressive, imposing big back with pretty much everything you'd want from that sort of RB. Is he going to be a top three round pick?
I guess depends on the needs, but I'd like to see the Jags get him
I thought he would be a top 3 for the Doak Walker award, but he didn't even make the semifinalist list which I thought was BS

Reactions: d1042
ND has had an excellent o-line for 1.5 decades now, and usually recruits 3 star and low 4 star RBs that the o-line at ND makes look really good.

Kyren is a beast and a definite exception no doubt about it but my broader point still stands.

You got to take a wait and see approach with Estime based simply on the track record of ND RBs in the NFL over the last 15 years.

I guess depends on the needs, but I'd like to see the Jags get him
I thought he would be a top 3 for the Doak Walker award, but he didn't even make the semifinalist list which I thought was BS
Yeah that is bullshit. You could make a case that he was the best, and he should have won. Maybe if we'd beaten tOSU.

As far as Kyren Williams, it's not a surprise he's becoming a premium NFL back. That was not hard to envision. But I guess RBs are somehow considered, in the NFL value calculus, to be easily replaceable. And maybe they are....

Kyren Williams says hi. He has been an absolute stud this year and a fantasy monster.

Reactions: NDOnTheRoad
3rd or 4th round and top 3, as far as RBs taken.

I’d say 2nd round. Possibly 3rd. But Estime is incredibly thick and is a very good runner. Despite the devaluing of the position at the next level, Estime not only will be an asset to the backfield but dare I say he has Derrick Henry potential. I hope my Giants take him!

Reactions: d1042
I’d say 2nd round. Possibly 3rd. But Estime is incredibly thick and is a very good runner. Despite the devaluing of the position at the next level, Estime not only will be an asset to the backfield but dare I say he has Derrick Henry potential. I hope my Giants take him!
Derrick Henry is 20-30 pounds heavier and a machine. Estime is good, but he is not in the same conversation as Henry.

Tyree had everyone excited when he came in; he is a classic example of that there is fast and then there is football fast.

Yeah kyren Williams looks horrible.

Derrick Henry is 20-30 pounds heavier and a machine. Estime is good, but he is not in the same conversation as Henry.
Yes, of course Henry is one of the best backs in the league. I didn’t mean to suggest Audric is that now. I’m merely saying he has a ton of potential and work ethic to put on even more muscle, develop in the league and a beast and if everything goes right with his development, could one day grow into a similar type superstar as Henry.

His measurable status are off the charts. On a wet field in full pads he was clocked at 21 mph , considering he weighs 230lbs that is insane. More often than not he is running away from DB’s. I would say he is a top five back in the draft. Some where late second or early third

Yes, of course Henry is one of the best backs in the league. I didn’t mean to suggest Audric is that now. I’m merely saying he has a ton of potential and work ethic to put on even more muscle, develop in the league and a beast and if everything goes right with his development, could one day grow into a similar type superstar as Henry.
I dont think he has Henry upside because that is one of the biggest freaks in NFL history, but I hope he can have a very good productive NFL career

Reactions: Jersey Domer
3rd or 4th round and top 3, as far as RBs taken.

I think you probably have that pegged about right. RBs just don't get drafted highly anymore. Bijan Robinson last year was an outlier. The philosophy among NFL teams these days seems to be pick someone up on the 2d or 3d day of the draft, pay him on a rookie contract for 4 years, then cut him and then go pick up a replacement RB in the draft. They just don't seem to have long careers anymore. Kyren Williams is in Year 2 of his four year rookie contract. I hope he continues to play well enough that the Rams will extend him.

Reactions: NDOnTheRoad
I think you probably have that pegged about right. RBs just don't get drafted highly anymore. Bijan Robinson last year was an outlier. The philosophy among NFL teams these days seems to be pick someone up on the 2d or 3d day of the draft, pay him on a rookie contract for 4 years, then cut him and then go pick up a replacement RB in the draft. They just don't seem to have long careers anymore. Kyren Williams is in Year 2 of his four year rookie contract. I hope he continues to play well enough that the Rams will extend him.
Jahmyr Gibbs went first round last year too

Audric is a durable back who is getting better with every carry. 3rd or 4th only because he's an RB.

As far as recent RB recruits (no 3* or low 4*, Chase):

Tyree #4 (APB) Estime #6, Logan Diggs #19, Payne #21, Love #8, Kedren Young #16 (way too low on Rivals, #2 on 247!), Aneyas Williams #2 (APB), Daniel Anderson #16...

He could go second if he has a better than expected 40, somewhere close to 4.5

He learned to protect the pigskin better too. Look at Kyren now. I know his game skill is a bit different but they both have that drive that compels them to compete.

Not now, not 3-5 years from now. Estime will not be close to what Henry has been. It's not comparable.

I love Kyren, but in the business of football, they would be wise to do the same thing with Kyren as you described most teams do. Shelf life of a RB is just too short.

I respectfully disagree, K. Williams is tearing the NFL up. RB is just a low-value position. I wouldn’t take any running back higher than the third round.

I say Estime goes 4th round.
It's not actually a low-value position, though. It's one of the highest value positions. As in good RBs are totally crucial to a team's success. Like right up there with QBs. The only thing that would make it 'low value', perhaps, is if any old RB is about as good as any other RB, and when did that become a thing, when did different RBs, regardless of their varying levels of ability, become so interchangeable? And one is as good as any other. If that's true as a practical matter, then maybe RBs don't need to be prioritized, or paid or drafted accordingly. But if it's not true, and superior RBs definitely do distinguish themselves from lesser contemporaries, with significant material differences in the impact they make, then why wouldn't they be drafted accordingly?

I suppose because the NFL is more of a passing league? I don't know. But they still hand the ball off a lot....

It's not actually a low-value position, though. It's one of the highest value positions. As in good RBs are totally crucial to a team's success. Like right up there with QBs. The only thing that would make it 'low value', perhaps, is if any old RB is about as good as any other RB, and when did that become a thing, when did different RBs, regardless of their varying levels of ability, become so interchangeable? And one is as good as any other. If that's true as a practical matter, then maybe RBs don't need to be prioritized, or paid or drafted accordingly. But if it's not true, and superior RBs definitely do distinguish themselves from lesser contemporaries, with significant material differences in the impact they make, then why wouldn't they be drafted accordingly?

I suppose because the NFL is more of a passing league? I don't know. But they still hand the ball off a lot....
Draft stock value is low for RBs. That's what is meant by a low-value position. QB is a high value position, which is why teams reach so often to draft a QB who is nowhere near as good as the draft position selected at.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT