ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Another key target visiting for the Clemson game

KyleKellyND

Recruiting Reporter
Staff
Mar 4, 2022
Chicago, Illinois
kylemichaelkelly.wixsite.com
This upcoming weekend will be the biggest recruiting weekend of the season for the Irish. Notre Dame will host Clemson at 7:30 p.m. ET at Notre Dame Stadium and many recruits will be on hand.

So far, Inside ND Sports has complied a list of 23 confirmed visitors: 15 ND commits and eight targets. And now, Inside ND Sports can report another.

I’ve been sitting on this visitor since Oct. 14. I haven’t reported it out of respect to that recruit, his family and another team involved in his recruitment. But now, I’ve been given the green light to share.

2024 class three-star cornerback target Karson Hobbs will back in South Bend for an unofficial visit. Hobbs is a South Carolina commit and is visiting ND for the second time this season. The Cincinnati Moeller High product visited for the California game Sept. 17 and now the Irish will be getting a serious look.

As I’ve reported before, Hobbs’ family are huge Notre Dame fans and when the Irish offered it was a dream come true. However, the No. 25 junior in Ohio committed to the South Carolina because of an outstanding relationship with defensive backs coach Torrian Gray. So the Irish are by no means a lock for Hobbs. But it is looking good.

While I don’t expect Hobbs to flip to the Irish this weekend, I do really like the way this recruitment is trending for the Irish. It’s also my understanding that if Hobbs wanted to commit to the Irish, they would accept it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News