ADVERTISEMENT

After a little digesting, for those who care my thoughts on BK

kwsusmc

All Star
Gold Member
Dec 27, 2005
First and foremost, thank you coach Kelly for all the good you did. You rebuilt and lead ND out of the wilderness... I have supported and defended you. Not blindly, there are a lot of negatives too. Like with everybody... As I've said ad nauseam,

The Good,

In the last five years
10-3, 12-1, 11-2, 10-2, 11-1 for a 54-9 record
In the last seven years 6 double digit wins seasons
In your career
A National Championship appearance and a BCS bowl game two playoff appearances.
Fantastic record over U$C, a shut out of scUM
Winning vs a #1, #7, #8 #11, teams at time of game.
This program is on more solid footings than at anytime since 1996. Thank you....

It all hasn't been good...

The Declan Sullivan tragedy is a stain on your tenure. A bad accident, but one that should have never occurred.

Before the biggest game in 24 long years you go interview with the Eagles then your team is unprepared and gets stomped. Never won the big bowl games, losing record in big games against premier opponents.

The sanctions on your watch. Yes, the NCAA over reached and over charged. But it still happened on YOUR WATCH.

The wait till my guys play, they were all your GUYS once you took the job.

The giving up on recruiting elite players until recently.

The way you left the program and your men and staff. ND is on the precipice of the playoffs. A playoffs where it could be one elite team and two teams the Irish can beat. It's possible it could be UGa, Cincy, scUM and ND, or Baylor or O$U instead of scUM/Cincy.

You say you were out recruiting by yourself, not thinking about leaving ND, but you had your agent on the plane with on the plane. The same agent as Lincoln Riley.

Q. Whose plane were you on?
When you were with three other Irish Coaches, meeting with a recruit and his family in their house. Did you know you were going to L$U? If not why was the news of you accepting the L$U job, leak while you were there, as you left?

So shady, and so F-d up. The chairman of the playoff committee said you leaving does/can impact how the committee views a team/ND. Is it a surprise ND dropped a spot? In all probability directly because of your actions.

Even Bama is NOT the Bama of old.... And it's possible they will not have a RB or only one RB for the SEC CG. Bama has had close games against not so good teams

Miami 7-5, Mercer (seriously), UF 6-6, S Miss 3-9, UT 7-5, L$U 6-6, NMSt 2-10, Auburn 6-6 with a back up hobbled QB.

UGA, better than Bama's but not a gauntlet.
Clem 9-3, UAB 8-4, SCar 6-6, Vandy 2-10, Arky 8-4, Auburn 6-6, UK 9-3, UF 6-6, Mizzo 6-6, UT 7-5, Charleston So 4-6, GT 3-9

Yes UGA is the best team in the land right now. But who knows how good, 2012 Bama good, 2018 Clemson good? IDK.

Point being when and how you left matters.... I don't hate, especially someone I don't know personally and have never met. However I have lost a lot of respect for the way you did this.

Good bye, good riddance....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News