ADVERTISEMENT

A different take on the OC hiring

nd4ever54

Irish Guard
Feb 2, 2008
I think there is a relatively good chance that - removing outside pressure - Parker would have been HCMF's first choice. Klein and Ludwig were safe for HCMF. Either certainly might have been succesful at du lac. If either would have crapped out as OC there, a prevailing sentiment would have been something like, "How could Coach Freeman have known?"

Parker is far riskier. If he doesn't work out it is ALL ON HCMF. I could see how a frustrated HCMF could have played it out in his mind after the snubs by Klein and Ludwig. "I can't believe I didn't go with my heart and head. I can't believe I wasn't braver. I wanted Parker all along."

He could never come out and say that. It would be a negative reflection on his personal integrity. If vocalized it would be written off as sour grapes. If this is true I am willing to give HCMF a pass. He is navigating a very tricky and potentially treacherous river. I could relate this to Bogart pulling the The African Queen through the swampy waters. 'Cept Coach has a multi-million $$ contract and tens of thousands of supporters. But yeah, it's a little like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News