ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting A couple of recruiting notes

Tyler James

I've posted how many times?
Staff
Dec 31, 2021
I'm running behind on putting my recruiting intel piece from the visitors weekend together. I was waiting to hear back from someone and just did.

The full report might not get finished until after Football Never Sleeps, but here are a couple things I was able to confirm:

2025 DT target Javeon Campbell didn't visit on Saturday. It's looking like Notre Dame's not going to be in the running in that recruitment much longer. He started out as a recruit that Notre Dame offered ahead of others and hoped to get him to camp in the summer. But now he's really blown up with Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida, Georgia and Ohio State trying to pull him away from Kentucky.

Notre Dame will need to reevaluate some options if it wants to add another defensive lineman to the class with Damien Shanklin, Darren Ikinnagbon and Campbell all trending away.

2025 OT target Josh Petty has rescheduled his visit to Notre Dame that he originally planned to make last week. The four-star recruit will fly up from Atlanta on Wednesday for a quick visit to see the Irish. We'll have a better sense if Notre Dame can become a real contender for Petty following the visit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News