ADVERTISEMENT

5 star CA LB Caleb Kelly

well BigBlue111 I just read on another that a recruiting insider is basically saying that jones going to be our newest recruit from florida but I couldn't tell you how true that info is. also read that his father really loves notre dame right now and that him and irish rb coach denson have built a tight relationship

Reactions: Bodizephax
Michigan has not been actively pursuing Kelly for months which is not news to anyone that has been following his recruitment. Not sure what happened but it appears Harbaugh cooled on him a couple months ago. They either figured he was going to OU and didn't want to waste time on him or they prioritized other recruits more highly.

no, I'm not saying Kelly is lying. I think what he says is 100% accurate. For reasons known only to the staff, UM has cooled on him. Whether it's because they think he is likely to end up at OU or if it's because they prefer Bush Jr, JJones, or Dontavious Jackson, I have no idea. And it's not playing "hard to get" it's really a question of how you allocate your resources - time and scholarships.
Well coach Kelly will have to make sure to get Harbaugh on his Christmas card list! Sure, I have no inside information, but it sure sounds like UM/Harbaugh gave up on this kid pretty easy. Seriously, when I was 17 I could change my mind three times in a month on my future. Recruit Kelly was far from a ND commit but persistence seems to have won him over. But hey, what do I know? I don't get paid millions to make those decisions, and it looks like Michigan is doing fine with recruiting. I just find it odd you have a five star LB in your back yard and you're not putting the full court press on him?

Kelly was awarded the high school Butkus award today. Jaylon won the high school award the same year Manti won the college award. How fitting if the torch were somehow passed again. And yes, have read online that insiders believe J. Jones the ILB from Florida will be Irish, if he hasn't already given his verbal to the staff. We are poised to possibly have an epic haul at the LB position.

Well coach Kelly will have to make sure to get Harbaugh on his Christmas card list! Sure, I have no inside information, but it sure sounds like UM/Harbaugh gave up on this kid pretty easy. Seriously, when I was 17 I could change my mind three times in a month on my future. Recruit Kelly was far from a ND commit but persistence seems to have won him over. But hey, what do I know? I don't get paid millions to make those decisions, and it looks like Michigan is doing fine with recruiting. I just find it odd you have a five star LB in your back yard and you're not putting the full court press on him?

huh? Caleb Kelly is from Fresno, CA not exactly UM's "back yard." Maybe you're getting confused with Daelin Hayes. And what's so odd about a coach preferring one LB over another? Devin Bush Jr was clearly someone Harbaugh preferred. Just because fans are interested in star rankings doesn't mean coaches always are.

yeah, Kelly is FAR from Michigan's backyard. Are you thinking of Daelin Hayes?

huh? Caleb Kelly is from Fresno, CA not exactly UM's "back yard." Maybe you're getting confused with Daelin Hayes. And what's so odd about a coach preferring one LB over another? Devin Bush Jr was clearly someone Harbaugh preferred. Just because fans are interested in star rankings doesn't mean coaches always are.
My mistake, I was thinking Hayes.

Not so sure Michigan is out of the picture...but hope so...we could use this player...but the wolverines are tough,,,,,
michigan has not talked to him in months. michigan coaches did not want. maybe that will change with the new DC but at this point michigan isnt even talking with him.

CWyaFRIWsAIku4u.jpg

per 247 our irish have a slight edge in his recruitment and plus BK hasn't used his in home visit yet while Stoops has. also read that loy thinks he eventually inks with our irish although he said that he'll wait for the in home visit in a couple of weeks before he puts in a cb. would be a home run hit out of the park for our staff if they can finish up with two five star kids like Kelly and robertson

per 247 our irish have a slight edge in his recruitment and plus BK hasn't used his in home visit yet while Stoops has. also read that loy thinks he eventually inks with our irish although he said that he'll wait for the in home visit in a couple of weeks before he puts in a cb. would be a home run hit out of the park for our staff if they can finish up with two five star kids like Kelly and robertson

would be an incredible finish. best recruiting day I would've seen following recruiting for 10 years. closest thing would be NSD 2009, Manti Te'o & Chris Martin (2010 class)

the other thing that I continually tell myself in regards to ND recruiting. Its never as good as it seems and its never as bad as it seems. So I'm having a tough time not getting overly excited right now seeing the huge momentum behind ND in regards to Robertson and the reports today that we might be leading for Kelly.

Reactions: IRISH_FRIAR
Before you chirp about education and a myriad of other things you know nothing about you may want to take a course in spelling rather spend your whole day on this site

Are you the President of the Barney Fife Fan Club? If you aren't.....I hereby nominate you. What a pip-squeak.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Oregon is a hat on the table for him in my above post but just a hat though as I've never heard there name mentioned recently. an ND vs Sooner battle but should've been Sooner vs Michigan battle but the wolverines stopped recruiting him in the fall

What I do not like is the 5:30 announcement time. I like to be productive in the afternoon after the usual ND press conference.

saw this....trying not to get excited:

"Greg Bivins from Scout says his source close to Kelly says he's all ND. Source said no doubt about it."

I think the difference there is that the sources are close to the recruit and not BK... do you not want updates about what people are saying. Seems like a weird response.

There has been good momentum for Caleb Kelly in recent days.

and 2 weeks before signing day everyone knew Benn was gone. AB was "all ND" in September, not after being recruited for 2 years. Sheesh, some people always gotta put a negative spin on something. Pete Sampson also says if the source is who he thinks it is, its a 'rock solid source'.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT