ADVERTISEMENT

247 Team Talent Composite Ranking Update for 2023 season

chaseball

I've posted how many times?
Sep 8, 2007
Ranking was just updated on 8-30-23. This is a ranking of each 85 man roster based on the respective recruiting rankings of each player on that roster.

1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. OSU
4. Texas A&M
5. Clemson

11. ND

Out of the top 15 teams in this ranking, ND and Florida(#15) are the only teams with only 1 five star player on the roster. Also worth noting is that ND only has 79 committed scholarship players on their roster instead of the full 85 (which has been an issue dating back to the Weis years). That's 5-10 potential impact players that are basically left on the table and nowhere to be found. If I was AD I would be firing coaches over this.

Last edited:
Ranking was just updated on 8-30-23. This is a ranking of each 85 man roster based on the respective recruiting rankings of each player on that roster.

1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. OSU
4. Texas A&M
5. Clemson

11. ND

Out of the top 15 teams in this ranking, ND and Florida(#15) are the only teams with only 1 five star player on the roster. Also worth noting is that ND only has 79 committed scholarship players on their roster instead of the full 85 (which has been an issue dating back to the Weis years). That's 5-10 potential impact players that are basically nowhere to be found

ND just beat that #5 Clemson team last year by a good margin. Both teams had an inept QB.

Freeman is 11-2 in his last 13 games with 4 wins over top 20 opponents.

He finishes the season 11-2 or better this year and the recruiting will start rolling in a very positive direction. He has been an easy target to negative recruit against, rightly so, for his first year and a half - inexperienced.

We definitely need to clean up that shortage of players on the roster tho, and continue to bring in 3 top 50 and/or 7 top 100 players per year. QB still the most important player on a national championship squad.

1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. OSU
4. Texas A&M
5. Clemson

11. ND

Out of the top 15 teams in this ranking, ND and Florida(#15) are the only teams with only 1 five star player on the roster. Also worth noting is that ND only has 79 committed scholarship players on their roster instead of the full 85 (which has been an issue dating back to the Weis years). That's 5-10 potential impact players that are basically left on the table and nowhere to be found. If I was AD I would be firing coaches over this.

1. The number of players is wrong. We're at 83 scholarship players, not 79

2. We're 6th overall in player average

1. The number of players is wrong. We're at 83 scholarship players, not 79
How many of those players are ranked/recruited and not just walkons given free rides because there is room on the back end ?

Once again, just goes to show how close, but also how far ND is from competing for titles. Only OSU has more 4 stars than ND. But too many teams have more 5 stars than ND.

Once again, just goes to show how close, but also how far ND is from competing for titles. Only OSU has more 4 stars than ND. But too many teams have more 5 stars than ND.
I don't know if you or others notice a trend regarding these rankings; a trend that has been going on for many years now. ND pretty much falls inline somewhere between 10-15th on pretty much everything. From recruiting rankings, to SP+ projections, to in-season F+ ranking updates, to team talent composite rankings, etc. etc.. Nearly EVERY RANKING ND falls somewhere between 10-15th going back to the beginning of the Jack Swarbrick era.

ND football has been stuck in no man's land for a VERY LONG TIME now. Good enough to be on the cusp but bad enough to not win anything of note. And it just keeps going and going and going that way year after year after year with no end in sight.

I'd rather go 0-50 over a 4-5 year period, if it yielded 1 national title trophy the 6th year, as opposed to winning 9-10 games for 10+ years, year in and year out, ad nauseum while winning absolutely nothing of note.

I don't know if you or others notice a trend regarding these rankings; a trend that has been going on for many years now. ND pretty much falls inline somewhere between 10-15th on pretty much everything. From recruiting rankings, to SP+ projections, to in-season F+ ranking updates, to team talent composite rankings, etc. etc.. Nearly EVERY RANKING ND falls somewhere between 10-15th going back to the beginning of the Jack Swarbrick era.

ND football has been stuck in no man's land for a VERY LONG TIME now. Good enough to not make any drastic changes, but bad enough to not win anything of note. And it just keeps going and going and going that way year after year after year with no end in sight.
6th in player avg ranking....

It tells me we have the 6th most talented team in the country.

Not that it really matters.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
6th in player avg ranking....

It tells me we have the 6th most talented team in the country.

Not that it really matters.
Quantity is just as important as quality, even more so now with all the transfers happening. NDs per recruit average is important and considered in the overall ranking (which is 11th, not 6th). You don't get a free pass for being short on bodies.

Quantity is just as important as quality, even more so now with all the transfers happening. NDs per recruit average is important and considered in the overall ranking (which is 11th, not 6th). You don't get a free pass for being short on bodies.
Overall player average we are 6th, not 11th

91.16, just closely behind number 5 Clemson 91.17 who we smoked last season

We're fine with depth. Players after 60 do not play

6th in per average recruit, 11th in overall talent ranking. The formula includes the per recruit average. You don't get a pass for being short on bodies. ALL 85 spots on the roster are critical to the program. Not to mention ND is about 50,785 miles away from the group at the very top.

6th in per average recruit, 11th in overall talent ranking. The formula includes the per recruit average. You don't get a pass for being short on bodies. ALL 85 spots on the roster are critical to the program. Not to mention ND is about 50,785 miles away from the group at the very top.
6th in player average. .01 away from number 5.

.04 away from number 4....who won 5 games last year

Top 3 is way ahead. I don't think anyone said we are in that talent range

But 4 through 10 is all around the same. And thats where we are talent range wise. We're right in that next tier

Reactions: NDinNJ

1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. OSU
4. Texas A&M
5. Clemson

11. ND

We have more than 79. Need to read more than your ESPN headlines

Name the position we are short on bodies

List where we are short

Pretty surprising, didn’t realize ND was basically 5th in quality of talent! Ahead of that “elite” Michigan squad in both categories.

1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. OSU
4. Texas A&M
5. Clemson

11. ND

And
the #67 ranked team, Duke just soundly beat the #5 Clemson team.
the #20 ranked team, FSU blew out the #7 LSU team.

All of your posts are garbage and enjoy proving you wrong agsin and again, Loser.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT