ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting 2026 ATH Welman Crooms receiving early interest from Notre Dame

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

One of the more electric prospects in the 2026 recruiting class that Notre Dame has identified early on is athlete Welman Crooms. The 5-foot-10, 170-pound recruit has four early offers from Boston College, Pittsburgh, Syracuse and Virginia Tech and is on Notre Dame's radar.

Crooms does it all for Matawan (N.J.) High. He plays cornerback, wide receiver, quarterback and returns kicks. He visited the Irish in September for the Central Michigan win and is followed by defensive coordinator Al Golden on Twitter/X. He spent extensive time with recruiting analyst Dre Brown during his trip to campus.

I reached out to Crooms to discuss Notre Dame, his profile at the next level, what an offer would mean and more.

Reflecting on his Notre Dame visit:

"I loved the game day feeling," Crooms told Inside ND Sports. "The energy of the crowd and the team ... I hope to get invited back soon."

On how his skills translate to the next level:

"I’d say my versatility and skill set bring value to a team. I can do almost any and every job you ask me to do on both sides of the ball."

On increasing contact with the Irish:

"An offer from a school like Notre Dame would be amazing for me and my family. It would be a great place to continue my athletics and academics if I were to ever come across the opportunity."

Crooms is currently unrated and unranked by Rivals. He hopes to visit Notre Dame in the spring and summer, as well as schools like Syracuse, Rutgers and Penn State.

Link to full story:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News